Help Needed n GPRS PC Net Thru Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Hai Frnz,

Its really sad time for me the last 2 days.
Sharing my experience n looking for any help from U.
Plz Plz any small help will be a huge help 4 me

Knowing that broadband will take at least 3 months to reach small towns like where i reside, i had decided to get new cell for 24 hrs net thru AIRTEL net.

6th March:
Got new cell. I chose Nokia 3120 after lot of discussions n recommendation from airtel customer care n nokia shop.

could not go 4 higher end models bcoz of budget.

Got airtel postpaid n got Nokia original data cable "DKU-5" costing whopping 2000 bucks.

7th March:
Got my Airtel GPRS activated n able to browse on my cell.

Installed latest drivers for DKU-5 n Nokia PC suite 6.41.6 on my Windows 2000 with SP4

PC suite detected the cable n i m able to use all applications like ring pc sync, wallpapers.........

But the Modem Option is wat important n its not working. Status: No supported modems found.

In Nokia site, i saw that Modem Option will not be available for 3120 n few others.

But in Features Page, its showing this:GPRS: AVailable, HSCD:Yes Fax/Data: No/Yes

Nokia Care person said that i will not be able to get PC net thru GPRS unless the modem is detected by PC Suite.

I was in urgent need of net connectivity for 3 months . so went for this spending around 10 k......... now i feel all waste.

I found one thing. Every electronic shop wants to sell their's. They were assuring me ver much n now silent......

Is there any way to get my pc connected to net thru GPRS.......

plz plz plz help me

Thanks in advance.......

-Vishnu-

OP
P

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Windows 2000/XP/98 SE none of the supported OS is listing my phone model in Modem installation.

That is the problem. If i can get modem drivers for 3120, then much of the problem is solved i think.

i tried installing 6610 as modem..... but that dint work.

is there any way to get installed 3120 as modem..

Expecting quick replies from U all

metalhart

Right off the assembly line
What i have realised the cable thatur using doesnt support the modem commands that ur looking for... so search for a dku-5 cable which can support modem commands
look up some web-sites to find a correct model

anywy i have a similar problem... i own a nokia 8310 with a kingsfun sf-620 ir port.. my os detects the modem it also connects properly to the gprs facility provided by airtel but then this is where the problem crops..
it disconnects immediately or if ti does last for long, i cant access any site.. i have noticed that data packets are being sent out but none of it is being received... i have a feelin that the ir port doesnt support bi-directional data communication. so does anybody know of a work usb-to-ir port

please somebody reply asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom