Help Needed About IR On Samsung SGH-C230

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelygrll

Broken In
I have Samsung SGH-C230 With IR. What is IR and how do i transfer photos and applications to the phone. What is IR port on computer and do i have to buy new motherboard to transfer the images.
please help

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ir stands for Infra-red. you need to haf an infra-red receiver in the computer. most laptops haf it built in. in case of desktop, get a usb IR dongle (thats the cheapest solution rather than getting the IR header for your motherboard). no you need not change the motherboard. just get this dongle for about INR 400 or so.

if ur phone supports native ir transfer then you can simply find out where the ir port of the phone is and point it to the the ir dongle. if u use windows then make sure you enable the infra-red service from admin tools>services> ir service. if you use linux start the ir service.

if in windows, and ir is natively supported by phone just arrange phone and dongle in line of sight and voila! windows (2k,xp) will detect the phone. simply right click on images or audio files supported by ur phone and select send to>a nearby computer. the phone will ask for transfer confirmation. answer affirmative on phone and hey presto! theres ur image/audio on ur phone! :)

OP
L

lovelygrll

Broken In
Hi IR Dude, thanx for the reply. I have window xp and will check the usb IR dongle in market tomorrow. Hope I can find one. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
sure you'll find one! just check the website of your phone's manufacturer for any computer interface software that you may need to transfer files to and fro from ur phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom