Help me with BSNL broadband bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
Hi..Today i got my BSNL broadband bill..And i am in home 500 BILL.i used 2.559 GB..They charge me 48 R.S as broadband useage charge.2.5 GB mean 2560MB is the limit know?????

*i19.tinypic.com/6690go7.jpg

*bsnl.co.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=Broadband

33 question says One GB is 1024 Megabyte.so did i exceeded that 2.5 GB limit???Explain me....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well what ever we explain to u, would be useless unless and and untill u ask this exact question to AOTR your area of BSNL !!!!

One thing I can tell u are in side free limit... in did 1 GB = 1024 MB so, 2.5GB means 2560 MB and u are in side the limit...

So ask this same question in writing to AOTR mention ur EMail and try and give a FAX number to, ask for explanation within 48 hours as mention ur billing due date is near !!

:)

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
i suppose, they assume 1 gb to be 1000 mb.
the same is the case with hdd.
they say 40 gb and we can use only 37 gb.

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
sachin_kothari said:
i suppose, they assume 1 gb to be 1000 mb.
the same is the case with hdd.
they say 40 gb and we can use only 37 gb.

but in BSNL site says

*bsnl.co.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=Broadband

question no 33

One GB is 1024 Megabyte or 1073741824 bytes..so 2.5GB must be 2560 MB??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i already replied... did u read...

No matter what u learn here or what ever we discuss its those BSNL dudes whom will going to adjust ur Bill... ask these same question to them, but in Writen letters to AOTR Accounts Officer Telecom revenew !!!

its him whom u need to notify to get the bill corrected !!!

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
Choto Cheeta said:
i already replied... did u read...

No matter what u learn here or what ever we discuss its those BSNL dudes whom will going to adjust ur Bill... ask these same question to them, but in Writen letters to AOTR Accounts Officer Telecom revenew !!!

its him whom u need to notify to get the bill corrected !!!

any email address..........

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rajas700 said:
any email address..........

:lol:

Email ??? dont know about ur place but in Kolkata, still they are in British time... one needs to walk up to the Local Exchange :lol: with 2 copy of the same letter with Last Telephone bill xrox attached... one for them one u bring back home as receipt copy

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
Choto Cheeta said:

Email ??? dont know about ur place but in Kolkata, still they are in British time... one needs to walk up to the Local Exchange :lol: with 2 copy of the same letter with Last Telephone bill xrox attached... one for them one u bring back home as receipt copy

All old pupils from the BSNL must be kicked off..they dont have any knowledge but they deal with broadband..these route cause the problem...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Tell me, honestly... you would have said the same if ur Father would have worked in BSNL ?? when cosidering he is the only earning member in ur Family ??

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
Choto Cheeta said:
Tell me, honestly... you would have said the same if ur Father would have worked in BSNL ?? when cosidering he is the only earning member in ur Family ??

Atleast they must educated...that 1 GB =1024MB properly..else they must write and display in a big borad if they have poor mem..Because of 1 person how many pupil got distrubed???

Last edited:

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Dude ... I suppose you have got a correct bill.
See ... the Limit is 2.5GB which equals ... 2.5 X 1024 = 2560 MB
you used ..2.559GB which equals ... 2.559 X 1024 = 2620.416 MB
Difference is 2620.416 - 2560 = 60.416 MB
So..chargeable amount is 60.416MB X 0.80 = 48.333 rupees ...and thats the bill you got .... its simple yaar

whats happening is that you are confusing that last column ... it reads 2.559 GB and not 2559MB .....

Last edited:
OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
indian_samosa said:
Dude ... I suppose you have got a correct bill.
See ... the Limit is 2.5GB which equals ... 2.5 X 1024 = 2560 MB
you used ..2.559GB which equals ... 2.559 X 1024 = 2620.416 MB
Difference is 2620.416 - 2560 = 60.416 MB
So..chargeable amount is 60.416MB X 0.80 = 48.333 rupees ...and thats the bill you got .... its simple yaar

whats happening is that you are confusing that last column ... it reads 2.559 GB and not 2559MB .....

thanks mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom