my system configuration
intel 810e m. board
128 mb ram.

and also tell
internal or external
which one good for me.

Ajatshatru

Broken In
Get compro tv tuner cards , they r best , get internal one since u don't have USB 2.0 to utilize the potential of external tv tuner

dabster

In the zone
If buying internal card, then Pinnacle is the best they offer you with superb bundled software which allows you to recieve more channels which is problem with some other cards....
They don't tune to all available channels...

Third Eye

gooby pls
prasad6100 said:
help me to buy tv tuner card.
my system configuration
intel 810e m. board
128 mb ram.

and also tell
internal or external
which one good for me.

Remember do not buy Pixel View Play TV PRO 2.

OP
P

prasad6100

Right off the assembly line
dabster said:
If buying internal card, then Pinnacle is the best they offer you with superb bundled software which allows you to recieve more channels which is problem with some other cards....
They don't tune to all available channels...

thanx to u.
tell me what price i pay 4 it.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
^^ pinnacle cards r pieces of craps-****.Never Buy them.If u want really good card,go for compro or hauppage cards.U will never regret!!!

T

thunderbird.117

TechGuru#1 said:
^^ pinnacle cards r pieces of craps-****.Never Buy them.If u want really good card,go for compro or hauppage cards.U will never regret!!!

Yup true. I brought pinnacle tv turner card on 2004 for rs: 7000. It was unable to view any channels clearly. They are one of the worst card ever manufacutred.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Pinnacle are the leading tv tuner manufacturers in the world. The issues you face are possible on any tv tuner purely because of their not so easy configuration. A lot of things have to go right to get the right TV experience. From the cable signal to drivers, and the PVR software to system configuration.

Pinnacle cards are in the same league as Compro and Hauppauge and have better availability and support in India.

birbal

Broken In
I am using Pinacle PC TV 50i inter TV tuner card since last one year without any problem.
I don't like the software procided by pinnacle it's too much resource hungry & also not user friendly. I am using Kastor TV a free software to watch TV wit my card. You can get the software at *www.kastortv.org/

royal

Padawan
TechGuru#1 said:

Umm, Techguru ... I understand your frustration but believe me Pinnacle are not so bad either... :)

wilsongangmei

hi all !

i am using intel 945gnt with 1gb ram. pl advice what tv tuner is best for me (best and latest features) and do mention the probable pricing if possible.
shall be oblged for your valauble suggestion & advice.
thanks.

wilsongangmei

ela703

Hi All,

In India, When one would think of getting a TV Tuner Card, the name that would come to ones mind is Pinnacle. Thats a long time back. Things are changing. Now the latest market grabber is Compro. It has a wide variety of products and its unique feature is its 'Power Up' function.

With this feature, once you make a schedule to record a program, it can bring up even a shutdown PC and once recording is completed, it can shutdown the PC again. This feature comes in handy at many times.

I would recomend the models 'Videomate TV Gold Plus' and Videomate Gold Plus 2' from Compro...

Regards,
Elang

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
I would recomend the models 'Videomate TV Gold Plus' and Videomate Gold Plus 2' from Compro but i dunno abt their customer service. i personally use a pinnacle 50i, its just an avg card.

Last edited:

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
prasad6100 said:
help me to buy tv tuner card.
my system configuration
intel 810e m. board
128 mb ram.

and also tell
internal or external
which one good for me.
If you plan to capture video with this configuration get a card with hardware encoder. e.g. Hauppauge. If possible add some RAM to your system.

If not COMPRO PVR/FM is a good choice with the best performance at a low cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom