help me please!

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
hey guys i am totally confused for what should i do,take science or commerce.acceleraatorx told me that computer engineering will contain microprocessor upto a great extent.so should i take commerce with computers and do BCA.or should i take science and simply don't sit for iit and do btech.but is this possible?like not sitting for iit and simply doi9ng btech.since computer engineering have chips etc should i do software engineering?is it possible to do software engineering without siting in iit or other competitive exams.please help

mitraark

Decrepit
Software Engineering , there is no subject as such , B.Tech in Information Technology is the closest to what you are expecting.

B.Tech is a better choice than BCA because to get a decent job you need to do MCA after BCA.[ 3+2 = 5 Years] B.Tech is 4 years.

IIT is not the only place for B.Tech , try for AIEEE / State JEE [ EVen WBJEE since you are from PAtna , not far ] and there are plenty of colleges , somewhat decent rank is enough to get IT

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
evilwit..
my previous science teacher (a very good person for consulting education. and he gives the best solution he can..) said that if you try aieee and do btech starting salary : 2 to 4 lakh p.a.
and if you do iit and then b tech starting salary : 8 lakh p.a.

i trust him very much..
so i am preparing for that..

atm, if you learn something in hardware (this is what you call chips??) .there's no bad in it..
in fact.. you will learn software and may be an ethical hacker sometime.. (wish us both good luck, guys : :D:D:D:D)

I THINK YOU CAN UNDERSTAND SOFTWARES BETTER IF YOU KNOW HOW HARDWARE WORKS..
SO. IN MY OPINION, TAKE SCIENCE.. STUDY HARD FOR THESE TWO YEARS..
FIRST CONSULT ANY GOOD TEACHER WHO TAUGHT YOU IN 10/9 OR ANY OTHER TEACHER..
ALSO CONSULT ANY BTECH PERSON FOR THIS..

mitraark

Decrepit
evilwit..
my previous science teacher (a very good person for consulting education. and he gives the best solution he can..) said that if you try aieee and do btech starting salary : 2 to 4 lakh p.a.
and if you do iit and then b tech starting salary : 8 lakh p.a.

Ehehe , i think its 5-6 instead of the 8 :)

i trust him very much..
so i am preparing for that..

atm, if you learn something in hardware (this is what you call chips??) .there's no bad in it..
in fact.. you will learn software and may be an ethical hacker sometime.. (wish us both good luck, guys : :D:D:D:D)

Let me be honest and say that although CSE and IT have almost 80% SYllabus in common , CSE Students [ Not all , just in general ] are considered for better jobs and better packages [ deservingly so , usually higher ranked students opt for CSE ]

CSE is the better stream , i would have had no problem going through learning about the hardware part because i know i will want and get a software job later on , atleast choose what is better for future career.

I THINK YOU CAN UNDERSTAND SOFTWARES BETTER IF YOU KNOW HOW HARDWARE WORKS..

Ehh , i think i will choose to say , that is not really necessary. At the lowest levels , you will hardly find any link between the two. That is why a separate stream IT was created i think :D

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Pissh, everybody doing software engineering, CSE CSE, or it's ECE ECE.

Whenever I ask them "Why", they are clueless like I asked them to lay an egg.

mitraark

Decrepit
Pissh, everybody doing software engineering, CSE CSE, or it's ECE ECE.

Whenever I ask them "Why", they are clueless like I asked them to lay an egg.

Actually , when i was applying for counselling , the downturn was at its worst , and many MANY Students were just terrified of the CSE / IT branches , everyone was going on about how bleak its future is .. a classmate of mine [ He was my first roommate ] was forced to put ECE as first choice , dude got CSE in 1st couselling and he locked it [ without telling his parents :D ] He cracked GSoC .

It is true many people are in the dept simply because they wanted to pursue "Enginering" , but people who query here are certainly more eager parties.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
comp@ddict are telling us not to do that??? huh...
and mitraark.. well said.. understood that now..

but didnt get this :
was forced to put ECE as first choice , dude got CSE in 1st couselling and he locked it [ without telling his parents ] He cracked GSoC .

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
hey guys i have some questions.as i have already told you that i am not interested in chips and all that stuff.so i have decided to take b tech in it after my 12th.will b tech in it will also contains all that microprocessors and all that chips crap?what is the difference between b tech in it and b tech in computer science and which has more scope?and how will take admission in btech in it?and is it required to computers in class 11 and 12th to take part in b tech in it or computer science.please help

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^Yes, IT will also have microprocessors, but to lesser extent than computer science or electronics. You will most likely deal with it for one semester only.

IT focuses more on coding, web technologies and management skills and is thus more business oriented in most cases. Computer Science/Engineering focuses on the physical construction of computers and the mathematical methods by which they perform calculations, and on building fundamental programming interfaces.

Think of it as the relationship between a physicist and an engineer. The engineer builds all the devices, but it's the ideas from the physicist that makes it possible.

To get admission in B.Tech you need to clear one of several entrance exams after your board exam is over. Based on your marks in the exam you will get admission (There's enough time to think about this so don't worry right now).

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
comp@ddict are telling us not to do that??? huh...

I didn't get you sorry.

IT will also have microprocessors, but to lesser extent than computer science or electronics.

True that. And don't get confused between CSE and IT too @ OP.

They may at first glance look closely related, but are not so that much.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
now i think all have cosen their streams

please tell me sumthin about the entrance tests after which i can join iits

i think its just and the only one :IIT
??
please tell me about how many studs crack the iit
and how many get admissions???

is cracking the jee
or aieee

simila with similar job packages???
who gets the good job in this race..
i'hv chosen PCMS

I THINK IT IS A GOOD SELECTION.

uday

Banned
hi
As you said you want to be with computer and also want to give iit exam the best idea for you to take maths+commerce.

Ryu

Right off the assembly line
I think it's better to take science with PCM with IT or take computer science.

Top Bottom