Help me on RAM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansh

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
Wanted inputs on 'Corsair' RAM's as am planning to upgrade my existing RAM. I am looking at 1 GB dimms and the best ones hence i choosed ' CORSAIR'.
Kindly share your experiences, in general, on the company and its products. Also which are the reliable sources to buy them in India ?

Awaiting inputs !!!!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Corsair Value select is good memory.......And quite well priced.....It also OCs well...But its not very easily available....if u find...one then grab it!!

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
corsair is good, u can get them at tirupathi enterprise. they are the distributors of it.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Kingston is more easily available but cosair has better performing RAM chips. they have low latency models which will give you an significant performance boost. look for their 2 or 2.5 latency models.

Kenu

Broken In
@ Guyz

I have a question ..

In India .. specially what I have seen in Delhi .. Nehru place etc.
these sellers have no idea on Quality diff between Simtronics & Kingston etc. forget the latency etc. things aside, If u name them Transcend .. some say wo ab nahi aati .. what da .. or some say that desnt comes with warranty .. so if we are dealing with such a loosers .. what do we do .. !!

So .. How do I make sure what latency ram am I buying ..
All I can do is see the Packed RAM .. How do u guyz buy the low latency rams .. high speed ram etc.

Please Reply
Regards

monkey

Padawan
Its true that you can't ask Nehru Place guys about latency. More than half don't even know what latency is. So best way is to find the specific model from the manufacturer's website and then look out for that model only. www.yantraonline.in (for Corsair) and www.theitdepot.com (for Kingston) gives you that advantage wherein u can see the complete details regarding the RAM and then choose the one you need. I have seen that prices on these online sites are sometimes cheaper (with bill ofcourse) than that found on the shops.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
monkey said:
Its true that you can't ask Nehru Place guys about latency. More than half don't even know what latency is. So best way is to find the specific model from the manufacturer's website and then look out for that model only. www.yantraonline.in (for Corsair) and www.theitdepot.com (for Kingston) gives you that advantage wherein u can see the complete details regarding the RAM and then choose the one you need. I have seen that prices on these online sites are sometimes cheaper (with bill ofcourse) than that found on the shops.

Their prices are generally much higher than those in the brick and mortar stores. Plus you have to pay 10% CST + shipping.

monkey

Padawan
I think u got it wrong, janitha. I checked with local dealers and found that prices are either at par or below at yantra online. Also the prices mentioned at yantra online are inclusive of shipping. So it is a better deal.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
*www.theitdepot.com/categories.asp?cat=1024
*www.yantraonline.in/main.asp?type=XMS2#xms2pro

theres quite a difference between the prices of yantra and itdepo

janitha

Wise Old Owl
monkey said:
I think u got it wrong, janitha. I checked with local dealers and found that prices are either at par or below at yantra online. Also the prices mentioned at yantra online are inclusive of shipping. So it is a better deal.

I bought VS1GB400C3 about 45 days back, from Trivandrum for Rs.4750/-. At Yantra, it is Rs.6,765!

monkey

Padawan
I don't think you are keeping watch on RAM prices. They have gone through roof in the past fortnight. Also did Rs. 4,750/- included tax?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
monkey said:
I don't think you are keeping watch on RAM prices. They have gone through roof in the past fortnight. Also did Rs. 4,750/- included tax?

yes, recently I have not been keeping watch over Ram prices since my last upgrade was to 2x1GB.
And yes it was with bill and Vat. And I got reasonable value for my 2x512 Transcend by way of buy back and had only to pay the balance. BTW the dealer is known to me for the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom