Help me modify shellstyle.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
The common task panel in traditional Windows XP explorer is vertical and is on the left side. Like this:

*img101.imageshack.us/img101/717/july2007005rb5.th.jpg

I applied a shellstyle and now the panel is horizontal. But as you can see from the screenshot below, a lot of these "tasks" are missing.

*img101.imageshack.us/img101/7677/july20070062kd1.th.jpg

How can I bring back these tasks present in the vertical panel like "make new folder", "details" etc into the horizontal panel? I know Skinstudio can be used to edit shellstyle.dll file but I have no idea how.

Please help me.

*bump*

Anybody?

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I hvnt done enough research on shellstyle.dll but I think u can't add/remove tasks from this file, these tasks r hard-coded in "Shell32.dll" file.
Its a limitation of top/bottom common tasks panels, since their size is not enough to show all tasks which a left/right side panel can show. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
actually even if u see the xp vista styled themes they also face a similar problem ... osme common tasks not actually vanish but they the length goes beyond that what can be shown in the window ... if u understand what i mean

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
^^ The shellstyle is from one of those vista styled theme itself. I miss the common tasks, specially the "details" one. :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
they are actually shifted more towards the right as a result out of view ... so maybe u can shift the positions for eg: u want the details 1 try to change its position may be it'll help

rickrollchad

Right off the assembly line
*img101.imageshack.us/img101/7677/july20070062kd1.th.jpg

Excuse me, Blackpearl, where did that shellstyle come from? (referring to the screenshot) Is it a stand-alone .dll or a part of an installer? Could you share any download link about that shellstyle?

I've been looking for ages if there was a download link to a top shellstyle for common tasks - but none, also tried .wba skins, visual styles, but they come either with the vertical one or the bottom one. I want a top shellstyle like in your screenshot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.