Help me in PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jishnu001

Broken In
i want to know how to run a php code .I got a hand book on php.It tells me to write php code in any text editor.but i dont know how to compile it and run it.please help me .Also i would like to know how to add GUI in php programs is it similar to asp.net any software like VS is used for it.How is it done like adding text box ,drop box image buttons etc in php.Help me please

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Just download the XAMPP Server from here :
*www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

Install it and you're set to go...
Just type your program in any text editor and save it under c:\xampp\htdocs\ folder and type *localhost/<ur-project-name>

Thats it..

Say if u just create a project folder named phptest in c:\xampp\htdocs\phptest, then type *localhost/phptest in ur browser to run the script..

And dont forgot to start ur server...:grin::grin:

OP
J

jishnu001

Broken In
Ok thanks man wat about adding text box ,drpo box etc.IN my book it is said to use html code along with php to use it.is there any other way like in asp.net.Then please tell me what is wamp server.Iam a btech student iam planning to do a certifiaction course in php after btech .how much will it help me to boost my career.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Ok thanks man wat about adding text box ,drpo box etc.IN my book it is said to use html code along with php to use it.is there any other way like in asp.net.Then please tell me what is wamp server.Iam a btech student iam planning to do a certifiaction course in php after btech .how much will it help me to boost my career.

WAMP Server is just another server like XAMPP. Nothing more than that.

To add text box,drop down box you must write it in HTML.No other way.
Here i'll give u an example code :
PHP:
<?php
//do something here
?>
<input type=text name=username>
<?php
//again do something here
?>

An AFAIK, there is no IDE's for PHP as per your requirement.
If you want to certification course, then i suggest you to do LAMP/WAMP..
(Hope u know what does the LAMP/WAMP stands for)

Also try to learn AJAX apart from the certification as AJAX makes PHP more flexible and to create a rock solid web sites.

vamsi360

Always confused
before that code include:
Code:
<html>
<head>heading
</head>
<body>
<form action="ourpage.php"  method="post">
Username: <input type="text" name="user">
Password: <input type="password" name="password">
Submit/Enter: <input type="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>
And the php script can be written by yourself for the ourpage.php to handle the input.
LAMP=Linux Apache MySQL Php.perl/python
WAMP=windows in place of Linux

U can use Easyphp inplace of xampp as it is even easier than XAMPP. The navigation and the SQL is better in easyphp.(my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom