Help me find a mobo with these features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,
I need to find a motherboard for a specific application and have decided on a set of features. I've done a lot of searching but there seems to be very few that fit my stringent requirements. It's possible that I missed seeing some of them. I hope someone can come up with a suitable model. The features I want are:

1. For AMD Phenom II X4 up to 140W
2. HT3.0 (5200 MT/s)
3. 4 RAM slots DDR2 (minimum 800 MHz)
4. Minimum 3 PCI slots (rules out uATX)
5. Firewire (IEEE1394) onboard
6. PS/2 keyboard and mouse (some likely models don't have a PS/2 mouse port :()

Some features are assumed to be present on all modern boards - Gb ethernet, SATA II, etc.

The following are desireable but not absolutely essential:

1. Good onboard video - GF8200/8300/A780G
2. TV-out onboard
3. eSATA
4. Should cost not much more than 5 or 6k.

Not needed: SLI/X-fire, o/c features.

Asrock K10N78-1394 fits my requirements perfectly, but I need alternatives in case my usual sources don't have it.

Request: I'll check out each of your suggestions. So please, don't make me waste time by carelessly suggesting unsuitable models.

That's it. I hope some of you can help me find what I need.

Last edited:

Arnab boss

In the zone
u can have a look at biostar ta790gx @5.3k it has most of ur required features but at this budget u can't have it all...' as asus and gigabyte r all priced @ 9 to 10k...'

Gigabyte has a 780g chipset mobo which has some features of urs but not sure about model no but price is 5.7k.....so try their website...'

OP
P

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the reply. Before posting my request, I'd looked at the sites of all major manufacturers until my head was swimming. I asked here because I was afraid I might have missed a suitable candidate.

Out of all the TA790GX series from Biostar, only the TA790GXB A2+ 6.x has three PCI slots which is one of the main requirements. But it does not have Firewire onboard.

Regarding the price range, I debated whether to include that as it is not a stringent factor. That's why I included it under the non-essential list. Perhaps it was a mistake to mention it.

As it happens, I'm coming to Kolkata next week. Can you tell me which shop has good stocks of Asrock motherboards, since the Asrock K10N78-1394 is one of the very few models that meet my requirements?

Last edited:

Arnab boss

In the zone
I don't have any idea of asrock mobos but try it in vedant and computer world or just visit the shops in the row u can find some or place the order one of they might get it 4 u...'

acewin

Point Blanc
do not worry about firewire, you can add a firewire port on your own also
and neither look for 2 PS/2, you get USB with 2 PS/2 port in 60-75 bucks.

So 3 PCI is a main overhead with Firewire and eSATA as addon
check these mobos

are ASRock mobos quality as good like Asus, Gigabyte or Biostar. And yeah it is quiet a specs packed mobo
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H on itwares it is priced 7K

Last edited:

burnout

Broken In
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM S2HP is d best model for ur requirements.
Only it doesn't has TV- OUT but all rest features r available.It also
supports Full HD videos. And a wooping 16gb RAM support(4 slots).
According to Lamington rd, it's price is around Rs4500 nly with all other loaded features and performance...
BoL.........

burnout

Broken In
According to Lamington rd, it's price is around Rs4500 nly with all other loaded features and performance...
BoL.........

burnout

Broken In
BoL.........

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
790gx is better in terms of perfomance. 4.5k
U can add sata to esata convertor 350Rs
PCI to Firewire Card 200Rs

Total 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom