Help me choose the best-value Galaxy Buds

powerstarprince

In the zone
Hi there, I want to purchase a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds for my Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone. I have three choices: Galaxy Buds2, Buds2 Pro and Buds FE.

There was a festive offer on the Samsung website in November and December. Ideally, I would like to trade in my old iPhone SE 1st generation for a maximum exchange bonus. I prefer a white USB-C to USB-C cable in the box.

Which one of these earbuds should I purchase?

Last edited:
Buds 2 is the cheapest, 6k or lower on sales frequently.

For VFM, I will pick Buds 2, easy choice. Expensive audio output devices have always felt like a bad value to me. My most expensive audio gear was 4k on my HyperX Stinger headphone.

So your call on how much you want to spend w/o regretting later. Surely a 15k+ Sony or Samsung will sound better but I will definitely feel that I wasted money. Do look at other options as well, esp near 10k & above.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
There is an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available on the Buds2. I had seen it at Rs. 5000 in November. That means I do not need to pay any money after my old phone trade-in. Should I exchange my old iPhone SE 1st generation for the Buds2? It is priced at Rs. 2670 for the 32GB variant. Is it a fair deal?

I'm eyeing for a purchase soon or in February. I want to trade in the phone for Buds2 Lavender without the need to pay any additional money.

I need the bonus to increase to Rs. 3500 or more so that the final value will amount to zero. Should I wait?

There is an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available on the Buds2. I had seen it at Rs. 5000 in November. That means I do not need to pay any money after my old phone trade-in. Should I exchange my old iPhone SE 1st generation for the Buds2? It is priced at Rs. 2670 for the 32GB variant. Is it a fair deal?

I'm eyeing for a purchase soon or in February. I want to trade in the phone for Buds2 Lavender without the need to pay any additional money.

I need the bonus to increase to Rs. 3500 or more so that the final value will amount to zero. Should I wait?
Your call. No idea on iPhones. Republic Day sale will have card offers, but the biggest sale of the year is over.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
When was the biggest sale of the year? The exchange bonus for my old phone exists only on the Samsung Shop app or the website. The bad part is I cannot combine both the card offers and the exchange bonus. Otherwise, I would have purchased the Buds2 Pro for as small as Rs. 1000 with all the discounts.

An iPhone SE lasts 4-5 years on average. The Buds2 will last about three years if taken care of well. My current iPhone SE is a bit over six years old.

When was the biggest sale of the year? The exchange bonus for my old phone exists only on the Samsung Shop app or the website. The bad part is I cannot combine both the card offers and the exchange bonus. Otherwise, I would have purchased the Buds2 Pro for as small as Rs. 1000 with all the discounts.

An iPhone SE lasts 4-5 years on average. The Buds2 will last about three years if taken care of well. My current iPhone SE is a bit over six years old.
Just before Durga Puja, earlier used to start before Diwali. Has been the case for years, maybe even a decade. Heck even offline stores have offers before Diwali, has been the case for a long time. Amazon & FK chose the same time to have their biggest sale as well.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
I think that I have missed those offers in October and November. There was a good discount on the exchange bonus till the end of November, and I missed it. A discount like this will probably reoccur in February when I want to buy one of those Buds for free or at a low price.

Do let me know if there is a good offer on these Buds.

Get wired IEMs with USB-c to 3.5mm adapter.
Suggest a good type C to 3.5mm adapter that won't have a static noise nor costs as much as a budget IEM.

I am personally looking for the above with a sub 2k IEM, but couldn't get one. I have OP Nord Buds 2 but it does drop out of the ear.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Suggest a good type C to 3.5mm adapter that won't have a static noise nor costs as much as a budget IEM.

I am personally looking for the above with a sub 2k IEM, but couldn't get one. I have OP Nord Buds 2 but it does drop out of the ear.
I have this one and it works for my Pixel 6a, supports buttons and mic input too.

www.amazon.ca/USB-C-3-5mm-Adapter-Headphone-Braided/dp/B07RX5RSBQ

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
I seem to have a doubt. Can I combine the instant bank discount and exchange bonus offers on the Samsung website to purchase a new Galaxy Buds2 Pro or Buds FE?

For instance, the offers include a Rs. 3000 instant bank discount on all debit cards and a Rs. 3000 exchange bonus on my old iPhone SE 1st generation. Can I avail of the bank discount at checkout and receive Rs. 5670 for the exchange? The Galaxy Buds FE is valued at Rs. 9999 in the online shop.

I have an SBI debit card, but the discount didn't work. Can someone test this out with their debit card? The final value for the buds would come down to Rs. 1000 only.

I seem to have a doubt. Can I combine the instant bank discount and exchange bonus offers on the Samsung website to purchase a new Galaxy Buds2 Pro or Buds FE?

For instance, the offers include a Rs. 3000 instant bank discount on all debit cards and a Rs. 3000 exchange bonus on my old iPhone SE 1st generation. Can I avail of the bank discount at checkout and receive Rs. 5670 for the exchange? The Galaxy Buds FE is valued at Rs. 9999 in the online shop.

I have an SBI debit card, but the discount didn't work. Can someone test this out with their debit card? The final value for the buds would come down to Rs. 1000 only.
Try it & find out. If it doesn't works, then you are out of luck. Companies pick & choose when multiple offers are involved, nothing much you can do. Wait for Republic Day sales to begin on amazon & FK.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
I'm ready to purchase Galaxy Buds now. Support confirmed that I cannot mix the card and exchange bonus offers. I will trade in an old iPhone SE 1st generation worth Rs. 2670 on exchange.

Here are the current prices:
Buds2 cost Rs. 6090 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available
Buds2 Pro costs Rs. 15990 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 6000 available
Buds FE cost Rs 9999 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available

I can purchase Buds2 for Rs. 400 only, Buds2 Pro for around Rs. 6600 (With welcome voucher and referral coupon) and Buds FE for around Rs. 4000 (With referral coupon). Which of these Buds have the best value for their price?

Last edited:
I'm ready to purchase Galaxy Buds now. Support confirmed that I cannot mix the card and exchange bonus offers. I will trade in an old iPhone SE 1st generation worth Rs. 2670 on exchange.

Here are the current prices:
Buds2 cost Rs. 6090 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available
Buds2 Pro costs Rs. 15990 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 6000 available
Buds FE cost Rs 9999 with an exchange bonus of Rs. 3000 available

I can purchase Buds2 for Rs. 400 only, Buds2 Pro for around Rs. 6600 (With welcome voucher and referral coupon) and Buds FE for around Rs. 4000 (With referral coupon). Which of these Buds have the best value for their price?
Obviously Buds 2 has the highest value.

Top Bottom