Help me building my new pc!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hello digitians, I am planning to build a new rig for gaming purpose. And my budget is around 20k. Currently i have

> Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz
> Intel 865 mainboard
> 512mb ddr ram

I am looking for the following components
> Phenom II X3 720
> 2gb ddr2 ram

I need to know a few things.
> How is the processor?
> I need a mainboard with 4ram slots with onboard graphics.
> I will buy a graphics card 2-3 monthes later. My budget for the graphics card is 10K.

> Please suggest a suitable MAINBOARD for the processor.
> Please suggest me a GRAPHICS CARD AND a SMPS to power the rig.

Looking forward for your suggestions and help.

Thanks
-Soumya

myhotdog

Journeyman
processor is gud for gaming and gigabyte's MA74GM-S2 is gud motherboad (4k)
graphics card: ATI HD4850(6850 Rs )
SMPS: corsair vx450/550 (as you tight in budget)

and you can get some money by selling your old rig. if you wanna sell than my friend need old rig

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
phenomx3 720
get at least 3gb ram for gaming
corsair vx450 or550 as smps

gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
if u can extend your budget go for 780g

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks a lot myhotdog and ssk_the_gr8 for your valuable information.

I have 20K for the processor, mainboard, ram and smps. Considering the processor is around 7.5K, I can go for 780G boards. Are gigabyte boards reliable? I have heard issues with MSI and have decided to stay away from them.

>> Can anyone provide me the exact cost of RAM, Mainboard and SMPS please?????
>> Is there anyone from Kolkata who can help me with information about shops????

acewin

Point Blanc
Latest Prices of computer components

you need to check which gfx card you wanna buy, because thats what will decide which PSU u should buy, gfx card these days eat more power than just the proccy itself.

as per current gfx card priced 10K I will say get corsair VX550 or zebronics pro 600W, or some PSU of that caliber. VX550 costs 5.8K and zebby one costs around 4.5K

coming on to RAM 2GB DDR2 stick costs 1K from kingston/transcend.
corsair ones are costly and come in around 1.8K or so, bundle of 4GB costing over 3K
a single chip 2GB DDR3 from transcend costs 2K

soon 785G based new AM3 boards will be released, AM3 ones run DDR3 RAM only, so a wait for a month more is what I will suggest. otherwise there is AMD 770 chipset based mobos from MSI and gigabyte which are withing your price range.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for the tips.............

Also i want to know about heatsink.............

Do i have to buy it....

which one would be better for phenom II x3 processor and How much it will cost ????

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for the tips.............

THIS IS MY NEW OVERALL CONFIGURATION ,I have taken price little bit more then usual...... What is your Opnion ??

phenome II x3 720 black edition processor Rs 7800

Biostar TA790GX 128M Rs 5,600

2 gb RAM Rs 1200 (I will Upgrade it later)

SMPS Rs 4600 ( Corsair VX450 )

UPS Rs 1500 ( UPS Any )

Total --------

Rs 20,700

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@arsenalfan, Go for GlacialPower GL650AA. This one's a 650W PSU available for same price (order at lynx-india). It will be easier for you if you want to upgrade to a high end GPU like HD4890 or GTX275.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for all your help. Today I purchased the following components from Starcomp @ chandni chowk, Kolkata

1. Phenom II x4 940 - Rs.9700
2. Gigabyte Ma78gm-us2h - Rs.4200
3. Kingston 2GB 800Mhz - Rs.1175
4. Asus 22X dvd-rw - Rs.1400
5. Philips Stereo Speaker - Rs.550
6. Zebronics 500W Platinum SMPS
7. Microtek UPS

Dont have the bill right now. So cant post the prices of the ups and the smps.

I found Starcomp to be cheaper than Vedant this time. For example
x4 940 was quoted @vedant rs.9800/-
board was quoted @ vedant rs.4350/-

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.

Soumya

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Now I am looking to add a graphics card to my system. My budget is around 8k. I have a Zebronics 500W platinum smps. And my preferences are
1. HD 4850 512MB
2. HD 4890 1GB DDR5
3. GTX 250 1 GB DDR3

Please suggest me which one is better? Your suggestions are also welcome.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for your quick reply. I will keep that in mind. Will my psu be able to handle the load? A friend today said that a 500w is not enough for mid-to-high range cards.

Actually I saw the price of HD 4890 on ITWARES.COM. I saw the price around 9.4K. That's why I posted here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that should be the price of HD4870. maybe a typo error. Zeb 500W Platinum should be able to hold GTS250 easily.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I have decided To Buy Radeon HD 4870 1GB graphics card and my friend told me that ,my current PSU will not support it.

So, Now i am thinking of buying one of these three PSU,Please Help me in selecting Which one will supports this GPU or higher
1. Corsair CMPSU-450VX
2. GlacialPower GP-AL650AA
3.Tagan Stone Rock TG600-U37 600Watts

Please Tell me which one will be better ,which can support this GPU or Higher ???

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I have decided To Buy Radeon HD 4870 1GB graphics card and my friend told me that ,my current PSU will not support it.

So, Now i am thinking of buying one of these three PSU,Please Help me in selecting Which one will supports this GPU or higher
1. Corsair CMPSU-450VX
2. GlacialPower GP-AL650AA
3.Tagan Stone Rock TG600-U37 600Watts

Please Tell me which one will be better ,which can support this GPU or Higher ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom