Help in buying earphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am in the market to buy an earphone for my Nokia N79. I have budget set at Rs 1.5k. Keep in mind that I will wind the wire cos the wire of earphone + Nokia Handsfree wire will be tooo long. Later on, I will buy the Jabra BT3030 so with that bluetooth handsfree, I can use these earphone & cord length won't be a problem.

I am getting Sony MDR-EX35LP for Rs 1.3k in Lucknow, while Creative EP-630 isn't available. I have used EP-630 & I liked them, so is MDR-EX35LP worth buying over EP-630 or not? Where can I buy EP-630 in Delhi & what is the cost as my brother can buy & send me here to Lucknow.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
@ Saurav , EP-630 are arnd Rs. 950 in Nehru Place nowadays .... they have turned expensive rather than being cheaper ... Askd around 2 weeks back !

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Dude go for the Creative EP-830. The sound quality totally rocks. You'll get it for around 1.1k to 1.3k.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I don't want to buy it online as I have my brother in Delhi already who can buy it for me. Also a friend in Mumbai who can buy & courier it to me in Lucknow

The reason I wanted to go with Sony MDR-EX35LP is the cable management it provides & L Shaped connector. Since I plan to use it with N79'S handsfree & then with Jabra BT3030 so L Shaped would help.

Creative EP-830 is good but no cable management & L Shaped connector. Same problem with EP-630.

Krazzy, I read your review of EP-830 on tech tree. You also mentioned these problems, but since the cable is OFC it is flexible & can bend easily. How much problem will the non-L shaped design create for my usage scenario?

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am making a list. Since today was Sunday so many shops were closed. I will go to he market on Tuesday & will inquire about the cost & availability of earphones after your suggestions. So far I have shortlisted...

1) Sony MDR-EX35LP
2) Creative EP-830
3) EP=630 if available
4) Sony MDR-EX55LP

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I had a conversation with Utsav & Kushgra. They both have Sennheiser CXL 400 earphone which has a lanyard form factor.

We are organizing an official digit meet on 5th April in Kanpur. I will be able to use Krates' CXL 400 myself to see how it fits my needs & will be able to demonstrate them my X-Mini Max stereo speakers. If the Sennheiser r good for my requirements of form factor then I am buying them via newegg.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Krazzy, I read your review of EP-830 on tech tree. You also mentioned these problems, but since the cable is OFC it is flexible & can bend easily. How much problem will the non-L shaped design create for my usage scenario?
Some people have the habit of letting the pin inside the connector and then they wind the cable around the players/phones. It is for such reasons that the L-shaped connectors were made. But the Creative earphones just have a normal pin. So you should be careful not to wrap them around the player.

As for the sound quality the EP-830 kicks 630's ass and is definitely a better buy. Plus the EP-630 aren't sold anymore.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks for the reply Krazzy. I bought the X-mini Max Stereo Speakers today. I have written a review which can be read on my blog.

As said, I am waiting for 5th april to meet Krates & test his Sennheiser CXL 400 earphones before making any other purchase decision.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have used both EP630 and EX32LP and I felt EX32LP is far far better than EP-630. EP-630 has lot of bass while EX32LP is balanced on low-mid-high frequency and moreover, EX32LP lives lot longer than EP-630.

Among the four that you selected, I would pick MDR-EX35LP without any hesitation.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks Desibond, I inquired & MDR-EX35LP will be available in Lucknow within 2 weeks, which is same time frame for me testing the CXL 400. I will test both & then buy

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Utsav & krates told me Newegg does ships to India but u have to pay the shipping charges.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Saurav , last year i buyed ep 630 for 850 with free shipping from indiatimes.Com , you can buy from there , it got shipped in three days only .

utsav

damn busy...
Utsav & krates told me Newegg does ships to India but u have to pay the shipping charges.

No No No. I didnt told newegg ships to india. Actually we didnt had a clear talk abt the shipping matter. I will get them shipped from my friend in US for you.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
No No No. I didnt told newegg ships to india. Actually we didnt had a clear talk abt the shipping matter. I will get them shipped from my friend in US for you.

Ok, lets talk about shipping after I try the earphones in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom