help in assembling a pc

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
guys my question is that the mobo manual says that while connecting the front panel headers( power switch, reset switch...etc.) take care of the positive & negative pins....
but the wires with the cabinet do not mention + & -..:?::?:

vwad

In the zone
Here's what I found googling

Question: how to know which is positive negative F_panel cables? - VRForums - Singapore IT & Lifestyle Central

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks for your links..
so white wire is -, its having a G
red, green, blue is +, these have a triangle and a S

correct me please.....

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
so i have connected the power switch, speaker, reset switch, hard drive activity LED.

now what is p+ & p- connection...

vwad

In the zone
so i have connected the power switch, speaker, reset switch, hard drive activity LED.

now what is p+ & p- connection...

Look on the lower right of the motherboard , for a row of about ten pins. Look closely and you should see p+, p-, Hd led, reset and pwr or something like that. You might need a magnifying glass in order to see the letters. Might be a grd also, this would be a (-)

One side of the row of pins should be all the positive side (+) and the other side, negative (-),
so if you can see one +, then that side will be the plus side. I

The row of pins is made up of two pins per row, so there should be five sets of two pins each

The -p led would be across from the +p led and is the light for the power on the front of the case.
The Hdd is the Hdd light, which is also on the front of the case. And the Reset PW is for the Reset button on the front, a smaller button that you use to do a warm reset.

Reference Link for more info

How do know where to put these pins in my new motherboard? - Yahoo! Answers

Also do Ctrl F on below page for P+ & P- alone separately respectively

USB Motherboard Cable Assembly Information

vwad

In the zone
They have said that try connecting to HD Audio in that link :)

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

A quote from your manual

• The front panel audio header supports HD audio by default. If your chassis provides an AC'97 front panel audio module, refer to the instructions on how to activate AC'97 functionality via the audio software in Chapter 5, "Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio."
• Audio signals will be present on both of the front and back panel audio connections simultaneously. If you want to mute the back panel audio (only supported when using an HD front panel audio module), refer to Chapter 5, "Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio."
• Some chassis provide a front panel audio module that has separated connectors on each wire instead of a single plug. For information about connecting the front panel audio module that has different wire assignments, please contact the chassis manufacturer.

vwad

In the zone
They must be front USBs

Related Link here

*www.usbman.com/Guides/BelkinMotherboard_cable_assembly.htm

Top Bottom