Help For Gaming Cafe !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear readers we own punjab's leading gaming cafe "GTB GAMING ZONE" and now we r facing a bit problem .....plz check this out if u can help us any ways.......actually we have administrator accounts on all pc's and hence that enables the small children to mess up some imp files....when i create a limited account some games dont run .......is there any way by which i can allow the limited user account specific previlidges so that only particular programs/games cud b opened........i shall be grate ful to u for your any kind help....:)

our website ......
www.gtbgamigzone.com

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well... One thing you can do, is rather installing the games from Admin account, 1st make the Limited user account an admin account... Then install the games and sofwtare under it... but you go to ur usual admin account and make the cafe user account one Limited...

This works for us... !!!

as ually its not one problem of Windows... this is a feature... as when u buy a game it comes with single use licance under many games tos it means only for one user, so u install from User account A, so it will only run under user account A....

:)

slugger

Banned
cafes out here use dis software called Deep Freeze

wat it basically does is dat it doesnot allow any change to d files in window
if a file is deleated or sved on2 d drive it will promptly bring back d drive back 2 d state it was when deep freeze was installed

but i've only seen win98 ver of d sw, dunno if sum other os versions it supports or not

OFFTOPIC
our cheeta is prowling d forum in stealth mode again ;)

gtbcomputers

Right off the assembly line
Hi Choto Cheeta ! As u mentioned, software cannot be installed in limited account as there are no priveleges granted to limited account.

Please tell some another solution.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gtbcomputers said:
Hi Choto Cheeta ! As u mentioned, software cannot be installed in limited account as there are no priveleges granted to limited account.

Please tell some another solution.

May be u didng read it well, I did saied before u install upgrade the user account to a Admin account, then after the installation once again demote it to a Limited account

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I was just about to suggest the same software as Slugger.Try Deep Freeze which is probably a great way to get rid of those files being accidently tampered with by anyone.The software just freezes all activities from the point it has been applied.So if anything is deleted post it being freezed then just reboot the PC & those files will be back as normal as if nothing was touched.The only problem out here is that even if you have to install new software or any new games on it then you'll have to unfreeze it,reboot it,install the desired program & then freeze it again which could be a big pain at time.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom