help downloading files from wave s5253

khmadhu

change is constant!!
Hi,

any samsung wave user, please share some tips and tricks how to download files from using a good browser.

tried downloading files with opera and UC browser, although i can browse the web but when it comes to downloading the browser does nothing.

in opera: it asks where to save the download and after that it shows downloading status but doesn't download anything, also shows no error.!

in UC browser: connection timed out.

please anyone help me in this.. i am really getting exhausted with this phone. :-( .

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
What carrier are you on? Vodafone? Airtel?

Vodafone Live! has all ports blocked except port 80.

ALso regarding the Opera download issue, wait a little while. Open a file manager and check if the downloaded file has actually increased in size. If it does then download is on normally

6x6

Journeyman
what are you trying to download?

I am having wave 525. I download files / mail attachments using opera mini and default dolphin browser. both works fine.

OP
khmadhu

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@thetechfreak
I am connecting through my belkin wifi router which is connected to airtel broadband.

never checked the file size growth.. but will check that..

@6x6

how come u r able to download from dolphin. by default dolphin doesn't support exe and other file downloads
I am trying to download some big exe files like crysis2 updates and also some video files hosted in some file sharing sites..

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
As you are connected via wi-fi there is NO REASON WHY FILES WONT DOWNLOAD.
Dont worry. File size will reveal it :wink:

OP
khmadhu

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@thetechfreak no luck :-| the file size remains zero!. after few minutes the opera mini gives download failed error. also there is no activity in internet usage(modem lights remains constant).

I don't know whats the problem..

OP
khmadhu

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@thetechfreak

I dont have GPRS enabled in my mobile. all my Laptop and desktop wireless are working fine..

is opera mobile 11 compatible with wave 525..? if so i can use that instead of opera mini 6.1

6x6

Journeyman
^ why you want to download exe files in mobile, they dont work in bada.

i download normally word, excel, pdf, jpeg and jar files - they can be downloaded without any problem.

PS: i checked downloading one exe file (winamp lite -7MB) using wifi. dolphin browser shows "content not supported" error. opera mini was downloading file and it went upto 70-80% and then my internet got disconnected :( .
i think, in opera mini if we open some other application while downloading or mobile displays goes black due to power saver, downloading is paused - not sure as my internet was not consistant today due to raining in my area.

OP
khmadhu

khmadhu

change is constant!!
^ usually I download exe files which are less than 300MB from my PC.
if its more than a GB then i go for mobile.. that saves lot of power.. going green. :).

yes sometimes I too experienced that opera mini gets paused while opening other apps.

Top Bottom