Help choosing Speakers,LCD, MoBo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrao_74

Broken In
First of i wud like to give props to all those who helped me decide on the config. Plasma Snake, Dominator, Desibond,harrypotter,channa,toofan etc u all guys are awesome.

Now that my core elements are decided, i have some doubts regarding LCD, Speakers and UPS.

1.Reg LCD: I've finally zeroed in on Dell 24" Monitor(not the ultrasharp one tho)which is costing me around Rs.18K. Instead of going for a Dell 24 inches can i connect Samsung LA22A450C1 LCD to my config????which is Rs19000...
If yes which is a better option Samsung LCD TV or Dell LCD Monitor?
My Config:
C2D E8400, MSI X48 Platinum C, 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz Ram, Corsair 620W
In case of Dell is it possible to connect PS2/PS3???

2.Reg Speakers: I have three options in mind viz Klipch Promedia GMX 2.1:cool:, Altec Lansing MX5021, Logitech 2300. I have read rave reviews on MX5021 but they look too simple and ordinary. I kinda liked Klipch 2.1.....but need ur thots on the performance

3.Reg UPS: Need a good reliable UPS of reputed brand.Need the rating of the UPS capable of driving my config for at least 10minutes.and rough pricing;-)

4.Reg MB: Which is better MSI X48 or Gigabyte X48????:confused:

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Nice Config.

About LCD : You should go for Dell LCD Monitor instead of LCD TV. And yes it is possible to connect PS2/PS3.

About Speakers : Kilpsch ProMedia is nice for look. But i have never herd about the brand. So better go for Logitech Z-2300.

About USP : Dont know anything abt ups bcause i never use it.

About MB : Go For MSI X48 Platinum

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) I would go for Dell with my eyes closed :)
2) If you strictly need 2.1, go for Philips MMS430. costs around 2.5k and you will be amazed by the sheer quality of sound it outputs, very loud and bass will never dominate mid's and high's. For 5.1, Logitech X-540 is decent. Klipsch is superb audio brand but their speakers are very costly. If you are going for dolby/DTS capable soundcard, go for X-540 or Z5500 (costs around 15k)
3) Go for APC 650VA or higher power UPS based on money you can put. Don't look at anything else
4) which one is better depends on model number. Post the model numbers that you picked.

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
thx bondie.that was as usual very helpful.........

Reg MoBo
MSI X48 Platinum C
Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6

are the two models im looking at. Im not sure abt the gigabyte x48 price but msi x48 is around 15000/-

Secondly, Your thots on this set
Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1.
Great/V.Good/Decent/Altec Lansing MX5021 is better:D

cuz Klipsch Promedia/Altec Lansing MX5021/Logitech 2300 are the only 3 options i have.......:xhave to choose one of those:x
and bondie do u think i need anothe sound card like Asus Donar DX or the onboard sound card will suffice? im not a big audiophile tho......cuz i ve read onboard soundcards sucking big time:confused:

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Altec Lansing stopped production of MX5021.

Seriously, X48 mobo's cost 15k approx. There is totally no need to go for them when you don't get that much of an advantage.

Get ASUS P5Q Pro (P45 chipset based crossfire ready mobo). This one costs around 8.5k. There you save around 6k. Put that in something else like get a better proccy or get Audgiy Value soundcard.

As for the speakers, among those three I pick MX5021 or Z2300. I have no idea how that Klipsch speakers perform.

You thought of getting E8400+X48. Right?

Instead get core2quad Q9300 + ASUS P5Q Pro.

Last edited:
OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
Altec Lansing stopped production of MX5021.

Seriously, X48 mobo's cost 15k approx. There is totally no need to go for them when you don't get that much of an advantage.

Get ASUS P5Q Pro (P45 chipset based crossfire ready mobo). This one costs around 8.5k. There you save around 6k. Put that in something else like get a better proccy or get Audgiy Value soundcard.

As for the speakers, among those three I pick MX5021 or Z2300. I have no idea how that Klipsch speakers perform.

You thought of getting E8400+X48. Right?

Instead get core2quad Q9300 + ASUS P5Q Pro.

think its too late for me to change that combination:(. I ve already placed an order:cry:
in that case ill go for logitech 2300........:D

thx bro........appreciated

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
^^^^^^^^^in what aspects wud u rate benq better over dell?:confused:......if price is the thing that made u suggest.dont worry bud my budget for monitor is 20K;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom