Help choosing laptop for < 35k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
$$Lionking$$

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Sam -
Sleekbooks - no, they're not available, i asked them when the will be available - dealer says
- August.

Using HP since 2001 and extremely satisfied with quality of products and service both!!
What issues did you com across??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sam -
Sleekbooks - no, they're not available, i asked them when the will be available - dealer says
- August.

Using HP since 2001 and extremely satisfied with quality of products and service both!!
What issues did you com across??

will be launched in June here. So should be available by July.

Heating (touchpad border & the side) & bad placement of exhaust. have used a friends old C2D based HP and exhaust was under the lappy. lastly the motherboard failure rate is lot higher than what you normally expect (due to overheating i guess).

coolnikhil

Broken In
Hey guys..
I also need a lappy for my dad. He will be using it only for basic internet and busy accounting software and i may also use it for net browsing and lil bit of gaming.
Help me out..!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey guys..
I also need a lappy for my dad. He will be using it only for basic internet and busy accounting software and i may also use it for net browsing and lil bit of gaming.
Help me out..!!

Budget?
Better create a new thread and fill this:
Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase

westom

Banned
Benchmark that separates a laptop designed by cost controllers from a laptop designed by product people is subtle. Better laptops come with comprehensive hardware diagnostics. All manufacturers have them. But only better manufacturers provide them for free.

For example, when room temperatures approached 40 degrees C, then strange screen 'crashes' would occur. What failed? Manufacturer diagnostics determined that one memory location in the video processor was defective. Screen would only crash when a particular data was loaded in that memory. And only when room temperature increased to that normal and higher temperature.

I would have trashed the laptop out of frustration without those diagnostics. Instead I found a failure even before the warranty expired. A minimally sufficient machine includes comprehensive hardware diagnostics for free. All laptops have them. Only better manufacturers will provide them.

@coolnikhil, please start a new thread or go through *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/153888-laptop-buying-reference-guide.html for your query, closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom