!!Help!! Atom or Pentium processor

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
can anybody please help me to get out of the trouble, below are some processors which are available between approx Rs.15 K to Rs.20 K, but 1 st & 2 nd are the laptops of 14"-15" screen while below them are nettops with 10.1 " screen size :-

Intel® Pentium® Processor T4500 (1M Cache, 2.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) - 2GB Ram

Intel® Pentium® Processor P6100 (3M Cache, 2.00 GHz) - 2GB Ram

Intel® Atom™ Processor N550 (1M Cache, 1.50 GHz) - 1/2GB Ram

Intel® Atom™ processor N475 (512K Cache, 1.83 GHz) - 1/2GB Ram

Please get me which will be better in terms of performance as all of them are priced at around 15K -20 K...

Which will be better in terms of future safe means longer life before getting outdated.

Needed for few MS office work, internet,med videos watching, small pics editing, downloading & other general daily works...

Or prefer me any better processor priced at the same price ...

Thanks ..!!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
All Pentium Dual Core Processors are better than Atom Processors in terms of performance. Of all the mentioned processors Pentium P6100 is the fastest

In terms of future safe - none. All are outdated now.
Pentium processors are being replaced by Core i* processors. Atoms by AMD Fusion and upcoming Intel Sandy Bridge series.

Consider Atom based nettops only when you travel a lot.

OP
Admirer Of Digit

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
All Pentium Dual Core Processors are better than Atom Processors in terms of performance. Of all the mentioned processors Pentium P6100 is the fastest

In terms of future safe - none. All are outdated now.
Pentium processors are being replaced by Core i* processors. Atoms by AMD Fusion and upcoming Intel Sandy Bridge series.

Consider Atom based nettops only when you travel a lot.

as per my knowledge Intel Sandy Bridge series is of 2 Nd generation Core i* Series and is not the series for Dual Core N550 Atom processor or for Any Atom processor...

Also the Core i* processors are about 30-35k,but as i wanted the one for just normal use to replace my old P4 (2.0ghz) junky with a new one for internet surfing , downloading , few MS Word processing & other daily needs, so please suggest me again accordingly.

Even a year or so before getting outdated should i prefer Atom over Pentium or not or any better option at that price 15K-20k ..

Thanks.!!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
as per my knowledge Intel Sandy Bridge series is of 2 Nd generation Core i* Series and is not the series for Dual Core N550 Atom processor or for Any Atom processor...
Also the Core i* processors are about 30-35k,but as i wanted the one for just normal use to replace my old P4 (2.0ghz) junky with a new one for internet surfing , downloading , few MS Word processing & other daily needs, so please suggest me again accordingly.

Google - Intel Core i3 2100T. It's the next big thing in Nettops and will replace their Atom series. Compared to Atom, it's 2-4 times faster :shock:
And yeah Core i* are in range of 30k+, but 3-4 years ago Pentium Dual Core processors were in the same position :) I think now you can understand what I meant by - core i* replacing Dual Cores :)

Even a year or so before getting outdated should i prefer Atom over Pentium or not or any better option at that price 15K-20k ..

Both will suffice for your needs, but I think you should opt for Dual Core as it should be a proper upgrade from Pentium IV.
But remember, Dual Cores are Hot!!! They aren't suitable for your lap and they aren't portable either :-(

Thanks.!!!

Your welcome pal!!! :-D

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why dont u assemble a new desktop for 20k. It will be much better than these lappies and will be sufficient for your needs.

Top Bottom