help! 1600mhz ram running at 1333mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrick

Broken In
my 2x4gb of hyper x blu 1600 mhz ram (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) on asus m5a97 r2.0 is running at 1333 mhz speed, what should i do?
*s10.postimg.org/5ub84n2jd/ram_issue_bios.png

should i play with the memory multiplier and bring it to 1600 mhz? will this damage it?

SunE

Professional Newbie
And Motherboard?

asus m5a97 r2.0

OP mentioned it already.

@OP make sure your RAM timings are 9-9-9-24. I had the same problem with my RAM and changing the RAM timings worked for me.

EDIT: Hmm after looking at your screenshot I see that the timings are already 9-9-9-24 :p

OP
P

phrick

Broken In
asus m5a97 r2.0

OP mentioned it already.

@OP make sure your RAM timings are 9-9-9-24. I had the same problem with my RAM and changing the RAM timings worked for me.

EDIT: Hmm after looking at your screenshot I see that the timings are already 9-9-9-24 :p

so what do you suggest i should do? do you think the ram modules might be faulty?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think the Motherboard is having UEFI BIOS. In the BIOS menu, under AI Tweaker section, you will find the option to select DDR3 Ram speed. Select DDR3 1600 from the list. Now go to the DRam Timing control setting and set the CAche Latency values to 9-9-9-24-33-1T

OP
P

phrick

Broken In
I think the Motherboard is having UEFI BIOS. In the BIOS menu, under AI Tweaker section, you will find the option to select DDR3 Ram speed. Select DDR3 1600 from the list. Now go to the DRam Timing control setting and set the CAche Latency values to 9-9-9-24-33-1T

also i found out that my ram modules are actually 1.65v (@1600mhz) and 1.5v (@1333mhz jedec). should i increase the voltage too from 1.5 to 1.65? could this damage it and the cpu?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.65v mem voltage won't damage the cpu/mobo or the ram module but first see whether it runs without any issue at 1.5v or not - only then think about bumping up the volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom