Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
people telling better quality headphones out there............

Yes, there could be better than these but they may come at cost.
Sound is quite subjective, what signature I prefer you may not like it.

For me they sounded better than my Signature Acoustics Element C12 which I bought @ 2250 INR in November 2013.

Still I would say much better product in terms of value.

somebodysme

Journeyman
Does anyone have any prior buying experiences with mp4nation. I just want to know about their shipping and delay due to custom in india.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Twice ..
My r1 came in 7 days through free FedEx
Recently booked m5 twin pack. It was stuck with Mumbai customs for 7 days & over to that 100% custom duty.

Delhi customs is bit lenient than Mumbai.

somebodysme

Journeyman
Twice ..
My r1 came in 7 days through free FedEx
Recently booked m5 twin pack. It was stuck with Mumbai customs for 7 days & over to that 100% custom duty.

Delhi customs is bit lenient than Mumbai.

100% custom duty :shock: :shock:
What do you mean? How much you paid?
I just ordered M5 IEM btw.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
M5 was through free airmail. On 21 the postman came & demanded to pay Rs.1690/- as duty before handing over the package. I straight away denied stating excess duty.. BTW I had paid 1710 approx. (27.77 usd)
Immediately called up postal appraisal section of Mumbai foreign post office & they too mentioned not to accept & send a letter stating reason a long with invoice & payment proof.
I had to visit the postmaster of my local post office after the postman took the package. As on today its with customs for reassessment of duty.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Digit just posted a review of Mi Piston: Mi Piston 2 in-ear headphones Review | Digit.in

And it mentions Moto X which I have now. I think I can finally go with it. :D

somebodysme

Journeyman
M5 was through free airmail. On 21 the postman came & demanded to pay Rs.1690/- as duty before handing over the package. I straight away denied stating excess duty.. BTW I had paid 1710 approx. (27.77 usd)
Immediately called up postal appraisal section of Mumbai foreign post office & they too mentioned not to accept & send a letter stating reason a long with invoice & payment proof.
I had to visit the postmaster of my local post office after the postman took the package. As on today its with customs for reassessment of duty.

Got my pair of M5's today, no extra charges..

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

Things to be noted is that:
1)Free shipping/air mail etc dont get much customs attraction (small items)
2)if it is declared as a gift,even if its not a small package then you are safe (yup)
3)i am not aware if mp4 nation have warehouses outside hongkong ,that may have costed extra customs
Anyways If customs have been evaluated properly it would have cost an extra ~500 and what you got was an whopping ~100 % customs ,mostly an odd case(sure it must be mistake)
I think the guys from mp4nation are nice and you will get a refund if you send it back :)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks
I collected the package of m5 on 17th Dec.
On 15th I had called customs to confirm the status of reassessment & even after giving invoice the customs duty was just reduced to 1471. Rushed to the FPO & found they had not considered free gift. So explained to them & got it corrected. They considered double values as two pieces arrived. I was charged 41.5% duty earlier as value was above 2000 INR. When I showed them free gift mentioned in invoice copy they reconsidered it as electronics items as GIFTS below 2000 inr exempted from duty So final duty was on single unit i.e.14% on 27.77 usd + 30 rupees as postal fees.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Got my pair of M5's today, no extra charges..
Lucky you..
Was it through airmail?

Where did the goods first landed on Indian soil?

Any other charges like OCTROI ??

I got to know from clearing & forwarding agents that Mumbai customs are strict compared to others.

After lot's of struggle & time I collected my package from FPO Mumbai paying Rs.261/- as duty + Rs.30/- as postal fees.

Last edited:

somebodysme

Journeyman
Lucky you..
Was it through airmail?

Where did the goods first landed on Indian soil?

Any other charges like OCTROI ??

I got to know from clearing & forwarding agents that Mumbai customs are strict compared to others.

After lot's of struggle & time I collected my package from FPO Mumbai paying Rs.291/- as duty + Rs.30/- as postal fees.

It was through free air mail and first landed in Chennai. I didn't had to pay any extra charges.
Now i read you comment, LOL I was indeed lucky :-D
*i.imgur.com/pm6eELO.png

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Looking for some headphones around the 1k price range(better if below that price).

Came across this on Amazon: Buy Sony MDR-ZX110 Stereo Headphone WHITE Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

How are they? Worth the price? What other models do you guys recommend?

$hadow

Geek in making
Looking for some headphones around the 1k price range(better if below that price).

Came across this on Amazon: Buy Sony MDR-ZX110 Stereo Headphone WHITE Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

How are they? Worth the price? What other models do you guys recommend?

There are many things involved when buying a headphone like sound signature, your usage preference i.e. on ear or over the ear. Tell me about this first.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ I want headphones hence the one I posted. I don't want earphones(in-ear or on-ear). Used for mostly music like The Eagles, U2, Metallica, etc

$hadow

Geek in making
^ I want headphones hence the one I posted. I don't want earphones(in-ear or on-ear). Used for mostly music like The Eagles, U2, Metallica, etc

Get this Buy Philips DJ SHL3105WT/00 Dynamic Solid Bass With Mic Headphone (White) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ended up ordering this: Buy Philips CitiScape SHL5200WT/10 On-Ear Headphone (White) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Suggest me some iem in 0.5-1k. tight bass forward mids. bass quantity doesn't matter. shouldn't be muddy/bloated. senn cx180 ii or brainwavz delta or any other.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Sennheiser CX180 is the one you should go for IMO. I really enjoyed the sound quality and the bass should be to your liking.

Top Bottom