hdd cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ayushsobti

i've got an 80gb Hitachi Deskstat hard disk (7200 rpm) on a ASUS A8n VM mother board and AMD Athlon 64 3200+. i've got a fairly large cabinet (iball grabit). i recently saw a hdd cooler in the market ( contraption with a fan to be fitted above the hdd). its retailing for rs 150. would it be good for my sys and/or hdd? does it really make lot of diff?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Haven't used any HDD cooler but yes cool air blowing across the HDD does help in keeping the temperature low or well within the limit.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
It increases the life of the HDD by cooling it. I don't have place to fit it so i have to keep my cabinet open. I have a 5 yr. old 10 GB HDD which is still working.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Attaching it will make more dust to accumulate on HDD. Normally any 7200rpm drives wont deen any coolers unless uve some array of them and no space b/w them.
But 3x 800 cab fans for 150 bucks and attach one in front. Its better.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i've already installed 2 fans in my cabinet (iball grabbit). one is on the processor (of course) and another one is on the side of the cabinet where there's an outlet. can i put any more fans in my cabinet even though there are no more outlets without cutting my cabinet?

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
xbonez said:
i've already installed 2 fans in my cabinet (iball grabbit). one is on the processor (of course) and another one is on the side of the cabinet where there's an outlet. can i put any more fans in my cabinet even though there are no more outlets without cutting my cabinet?
:lol: :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom