HD4850X2 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@compaddict, you can ignoore kshitij. i had a discussion with him in other thread and here are few quotes from him

i will be glad to point you the genuine review sites where its clearly shown how weak the latest HD4870 is compared to gtx 280. 1 on 1. 2 on 1, 3 on 2, 3 on 3
even if you stacked up 4 hd4870s against my 3 gtx 280s, i'll still have far more better FPS in crysis than your gpu config
HD4870x2 still costs arm & a leg. whereas gtx280 has come down
an overall amd build with ati cards cost > an overall intel build with nvidia gpu.

if i begin to count the piece of expensive hardware i have, it'll make you guys look like a toddler with their candy's.
i already own 3 gtx 280s in a 3-way SLI mode & i can challenge you & your hd4870s on any game
im the owner of 3 cards. never said im using it in 1 machine. did i? i dont have the funds for another psu atm so the tx650 is enough for 2.
where intel wins. nvidia wins.
hmm. isn't ATI the official partner for Intel in chipset and mobo business??

thats all my point in all of this mindless argument is.
seriously guys, as much as i would like to stick around for your pshycotic behaviour, you fail to say anything concrete at all which makes me enjoy this company of yours less, every passing second.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^Palit and Sparkle 9600GT sell for less than 6k now

Count this:

ATi has it's own PHyx variant I FORGOT THE NAME NOW but ATI's Physx feature is already implemented in most games.

nVidia's GTX260 55nm with 216 shaders and 448-bit memory interface manages to JUST sOMEHOW beat an HD4870 256-bit memory, 800/5=160 shaders ina actual.

Which one's better?P Do the math!

Dude if it is 5950/- then i guess it doesn't even count. I hope its somewhat between 5.3-5.5K.

And i think the one u r talking about is HAVOK Engine that ATI holds physX to?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Dude u do realize that's a 2 months old post & at that time the 4850X2 was for $400. Now eventually every price has to fall down after a time period. For instance the GTX295 will be thrown around withing next 6 months.

Now speaking of steal,
The MSI 9600GT OC (seaweed Cooler) is selling for $99.99 which makes it INR 4829.5!!!
the XFX 9800GT is selling for $129.99 & that INR6275.5!!! And after $30 mail in rebate it will cost $99.99!!!!
And we don't even get a Palit 9600GT for 6K!
Now where can we get that price in here?

I've seen another 9600GT on newegg for 69 or 79$ after in-mail rebate.
512MB GDDR3 version o'course.
That should be Rs. 79(say)x50 + 4% VAT to 200 bucks taxes = Rs. 4308

Dude if it is 5950/- then i guess it doesn't even count. I hope its somewhat between 5.3-5.5K.

And i think the one u r talking about is HAVOK Engine that ATI holds physX to?

Compare a 9600GT to any other card within 2k below and 1k more budget, it's the best in class.

I'm not in favour of any ATi or nVidia, I just speak or rather type, facts my friend.

And yup,the HAVOC engine it is.

DESIBOND, yes i noticed, was reading the same discussion in the other thread b'fore seeing this thread.:D

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I've seen another 9600GT on newegg for 69 or 79$ after in-mail rebate.
512MB GDDR3 version o'course.
That should be Rs. 79(say)x50 + 4% VAT to 200 bucks taxes = Rs. 4308

Compare a 9600GT to any other card within 2k below and 1k more budget, it's the best in class.

I'm not in favour of any ATi or nVidia, I just speak or rather type, facts my friend.

Yeah myself isn't an ATI or nVidia fanboy, i m a technology fanboy.

As for the 9600GT, if it comes for 4308/-, may be someone can start a GO for this & i m sure one GO can go atleast upto 50 cards! But even KMD doesn't sell for this cheap so it's a blank for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom