HD DVD print of 300 better than Blu-ray print

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
HD DVD outshines Blu-ray Disc with a better version of "300"

The rights to “300” belong to Warner Home Video – a studio that backs both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc – but the studio has graced the HD DVD version with several exclusive features that currently can be found nowhere else.

Found only on the HD DVD version is the "Bluescreen Picture-in-Picture Version" of the film. As “300” was shot almost completely in a bluescreen-laden warehouse in Canada, the raw footage differs greatly from the movie’s final look. Viewers are able to directly compare the before and after shots through a picture-in-picture window that can be dynamically enabled or disabled. Running alongside the pre-processed footage is an exclusive commentary track by director Zack Snyder recorded specifically for the special feature.

The bluescreen supplement is not found on the Blu-ray Disc version of the film, but Warner Home Video’s decision to include it only the HD DVD version is unlikely due to any sort of format favoritism. Current mandatory Blu-ray Disc player specifications do not include the feature set to allow for picture-in-picture video.

PS: MS takes the cake here too :p

vish786

"The Gentleman"
devil_me said:
wats role of MS here??

he's trying to tell that microsoft is a clear winner, when compared to others. :D whether its software or something else... a fanboy. :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya ya call me watever u wanna ... hd dvd is a format backed my MS as compared to blu-ray which is backed by sony ;)

PS: that wasnt fanboy statement i was favoring the winner as its a long battle for the 2 formats ;)

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
chill man :D....

i said it coz u specially mentioned the this " PS: MS takes the cake here too :p ". at the bottom suddenly while discussing the topic b/w HD DVD and Blu ray Disc. ;)

Their was no need of it. :p

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vish786 said:
Their was no need of it.
its a major competition between both formats and the final result of a winner depend on which way hollywood swings and the p0rn industry goes ... so this result of 300's print is quite significant for the backers of hd-dvd and MS is the major supporter of hd-dvd ;)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
does HD DVD or Blu ray disc also increases sound quality of the movie ?? or its just the picture quality difference.

yes i too would lov to see the movie again in hd dvd... one of my favourite war movies. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
vish786 said:
does HD DVD or Blu ray disc also increases sound quality of the movie ?? or its just the picture quality difference.
Due to more storage space available in Blue Ray, it has one additional audio track in form of 5.1 channel Linear PCM Audio.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
gx_saurav said:
Due to more storage space available in Blue Ray, it has one additional audio track in form of 5.1 channel Linear PCM Audio.
if i'm not wrong 5.1 audio tracks r also available in vcds / dvds(original ones) also.

so only blu ray disc supports improvement in audio and not hd dvd.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
5.1 channels are used only in dvd's not vcd's.maybe they include 7.1 or dolby 2 or some other audio enhancers or simply some other audio codec.i don't think pcm audio will be used or is being used coz these formats are about sharper pictures not uncompressed audio

devil_me

Broken In
ratedrsuperstar said:
5.1 channels are used only in dvd's not vcd's.maybe they include 7.1 or dolby 2 or some other audio enhancers or simply some other audio codec.i don't think pcm audio will be used or is being used coz these formats are about sharper pictures not uncompressed audio

you dont know about the lossless DTS and dolby audio compressions that are used in these geeky discs?? Know it then.. Full quality sound.. can say zero compromise on it.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ imav nice info.. but why are u missing the source these days..?

BTW. gx_saurav.. thanks for the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.