Having Problem Removing Entry From Add/Remove Program

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
I want to remove an entry from Add/Remove program and I tried various methods with Registry editing and few third partly software but it wont work.

While Registry and Thirdpartly tricks are working well on other softwares. But For some reason it won't work on the sotware that I want to be removed.

Please if someone has suggestion let me know. By the way the software name is "Autodesk Maya 2010"

Thanks.

gameranand

Living to Play
Pravas said:
I want to remove an entry from Add/Remove program and I tried various methods with Registry editing and few third partly software but it wont work.

While Registry and Thirdpartly tricks are working well on other softwares. But For some reason it won't work on the sotware that I want to be removed.

Please if someone has suggestion let me know. By the way the software name is "Autodesk Maya 2010"
You just want to remove the entry or want to uninstall the software???

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
You just want to remove the entry or want to uninstall the software???

I just wish to remove the entry(Name). Otherwise I want the software to run as it is.

@Sygeek.
I've tried revo uninstaller. I tried to delete the entry from there, but the entry just got removed from Revo Uninstaller interface. I mean the entry was still there in windows add/remove program.

sygeek

Technomancer
I just wish to remove the entry(Name). Otherwise I want the software to run as it is.

@Sygeek.
I've tried revo uninstaller. I tried to delete the entry from there, but the entry just got removed from Revo Uninstaller interface. I mean the entry was still there in windows add/remove program.
Use Advanced Uninstall. Do you want to just uninstall the entry or the whole program with it?

gameranand

Living to Play
Sygeek said:
Use Advanced Uninstall. Do you want to just uninstall the entry or the whole program with it?
He just want to remove the entry from Add or Remove Programs in Control panel he don't want to uninstall the software.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
@asingh
Thanks, I've used CCcleaner and it showed me an error like "Cannot Delete MSI installer". At least this made some sense while other software's were deleting it silently.

@gamerananad

Thanks, I've tried the web trick earlier it was of no help here. And also while using Add remove Cleaner, the program name itself was not listed there Cuz I suspect it was due to the face I've tried other software's to remove it.

So I think I came up with a work around, I may change it's name to some other Microsoft update ....lol...

But more Suggestion are welcome :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is some autodesk service running in the background, which might be preventing from deleting its entries from registry?

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Is some autodesk service running in the background, which might be preventing from deleting its entries from registry?

I guess not, no such services with Autodesk or Maya running. Could you throw some light as to why it would need some background programs running? Then I may be able to find..

rajeevk

Journeyman
First restart your computer and then try to install the software. If nothing happens, Tune Up Utilities can help you probably.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess not, no such services with Autodesk or Maya running. Could you throw some light as to why it would need some background programs running? Then I may be able to find..

No idea. But sometimes it might just happened there's are something running in the background to protect the important files and settings like AV software. See the Image path of processes in task manager if something is pointing towards the Autodesk installation.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Have you tried through Windows RegEdit really and finding for Autodesk Maya 2010?
If not, first take a backup of windows registry and follow this:(Windows 7)
Start RegEdit from Windows Run.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Find "Autodesk Maya 2010" using Find option from Edit menu. If you get any result, then delete that entire key from the left pane.

If this also doesn't help, then try using Glary Utilities, may be it will be helpful to you.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Have you tried through Windows RegEdit really and finding for Autodesk Maya 2010?
If not, first take a backup of windows registry and follow this:(Windows 7)
Start RegEdit from Windows Run.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Find "Autodesk Maya 2010" using Find option from Edit menu. If you get any result, then delete that entire key from the left pane.

If this also doesn't help, then try using Glary Utilities, may be it will be helpful to you.

Actually I tried this, but the key was not there when I used a software to remove the entry. Ohk I'll try again on Office computer and post it here if the key is still there....

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
I am not sure about the method but: You can try uninstall the software then run ccleaner to remove all the related entries then reinstall. It might restore the registry keys and then you can try the above mentioned way via registry.

Top Bottom