Has the Digit magazine lost its charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Re: Has Digit lost its charm?

I now buy Chip instead of Digit.It is a bit more better and more cheaper.
I think Digit shud release a version without the DVD at a reduced price.
And I am dont buy the special issues like the anniversary edition because
what they offer are more ads at double the price

I think digit should release an electronic version, consisting of only one CD, that contains Fast Track and Magazine along with a few essentials, for Rs. 25 or something. That will make digit once again dominate the markets.

karmanya

Journeyman

Has anyone noticed that Ram Rao and Deepak Ajwani have both left/been fired? Maybe that has something to do with it.

thejeswi.nk

Right off the assembly line

Yep, Digit has lost its charm.
From the 2007 December issue the quality of digits articles are going down..
But any day, its the best Indian Techie Mag.
Digit guys need to do some thing innovative and have to add more quality articles on the mag and certainly stop it from shredding more pages.
The number of pages keeps decreasing!
The have to concentrate more on the mag and less on the dvd/cd.
Now there are so many mistakes on the mag.. I feel it’s not being reviewed properly

But mainly because Pankaj Ajwani's Photo is missing in the first page...
I was in tears when I read that he left...
I used to see his face next to an excellent article in editorial each time I got my hands on Digit.. I Have seen him from so many years. Since when his hair was jet black and kept turning a bit grey in the next issue... But now he's gone, forever for Digit :|
Good bye Pankaj sir. Good bye Jasubhai,,...
Nine Dot Nine Mediaworx please don’t like continue this...
Rectify your mistakes, don’t disappoint further.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

this is a well kinown fact....

digit is nothing but a one month old DIGG.COM

i read all altest tech news on diigg first and a month later on digit .. not even the title is changed...
really thier reviews have gone from AWESOME to SUCKS !!@

now adays i find review to be very noob.. no indepth reviews as they were a few years b4...

from the name change from chip >>> digit... everything have started to tumble down the hill with the latest hit on the rock with acquirement by 9.9media...

surely digit is going down fast...

here in my place .. many who have been buying this mag have stopped a year agao.. simply they too feel the contents are not t just enough...

and reading prev months "letters section " i simply cant stop laughing....

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

y dont they fill in their DVDs and CDs with some innovative content ?
plus they dont listen to us and there is no need of demand thread.
So many have requested a fast track to programming language or flash/3ds max. But DO THEY GIVE ? NO.........no point in asking if u r not implementing... :|

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

they wont.. coz i dont think there are even experts now in the digit camp ?????

oncethere used to be so much of detailed review.. with superb statistics.. todaysreview look like either self created or copied from another site...

and i also found that in feb issue... they reviewed 3 graphic cards.. and first two reviews.. xfx and palit graphics card .. there was nt much difference between themm... but i found something interesting that in palit they changed the position of value of money .. but both had similar stars .. but by changing the position .. it appeared that there was somekind a differenvce in review.. wtf ?>?

i hate like anything...

and thier letters to editor was tooo kiddish....

please rectify...

but damage has been done already..

only way i am gona buy the book is when it hits 75 Rs mark...with reduction in ad or same amount of ad... not with increase in them

and feb mag content was very megre for that amount...

rohan

In the zone

totally agree with you. I didn't renew my subscription when it ended around 2 months ago.. and after that I even stopped purchasing the few issues i used to from the newstand.

Seriously though.. I know i shouldn't say it out here.. but I've found Chip to be better than digit. It caters to actual 'geeky' audiences.. has reviews on the hardware that actually matters. Digit more or less caters to the SOHO category.. their tips and tricks are full of Word and Excel stuff.. plus their jokes are becoming predictable and lame.

ajaybc

Youngling

cheaper?they both are same 125/- this month chip was bit better on game demos.

Prices vary.Sometimes it costs 100 sometimes 125.

But not the extreme pricing of digit 200 bucks:shock: for the anniversary edition.Which was this year just a magazine divided into 5 parts with 5 names which offered just more ads than usual:mad:

serendipiti

Journeyman

DIGIT has indeed lost its charm.Though it itself is to blame for the slide in quality of its articles availability of broadband too is a contributing factor for we no longer have to wait for the latest updated software to appear on DIGIT like we used to earlier during the wretched dial up days!I remember the sense of anticipation we had at every month end...broadband put an end to all that...all you ahve to do is go to majorgeeks or some like site and you're updated.Alos I feel the 125/- price tag is too steep considering how cheap broadband has become now.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

^^^ agree... anniversary edition is not for geeks.. but for companies to fill the mag upto the brim...

i have seen digit advertsaing anniversarty edition way b4 3-4 months to get advertisers attention...

and not to mention i lately also say many blank spaces @ the end of the mag where ads used to get piled up..

even publishers(ad) arent willing ..

anyway .. as i said ... digit... only thing that can resurrect u is ultimate price drop...

i may be harsh.. but i simply cant sit numb seeing my fav digit going down...digit is the one who taught me many things ... in technology... next to google...

ancientrites

In the zone

ajaybc
the editor has made it clear chip india would be fixed at 125/- from jan 08.and yeah 200/-for anniversary is too much full of ads i cash out 20 dirhams to visitors comes from india.damn..........

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

never ....
willl never in the past...

already blocked it with firefox, ie7 pro , opera.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom