Harrdisk Crashed, Partitioned Lossed, Data Recovery soft needed.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

avadhesh

My Harddisk crashed
My engineers says the partitioned is lost
I attached it to other PC but it was not showing any Drive

Please help me what should I do............

My friend suggested me these soft pls tell me which one is best

Stellar Phoenix

Paragon Disk Recovery

Norton Disk Manager

Last edited by a moderator:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Same Topic is running here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59392

Refer there rather opening another new thread :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
the link privided by @Choto Cheeta
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59392
is very handy.However U can find few more freeware tools for the same here:
*www.techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=22

OP
A

avadhesh

Hello,
@ Saurav
The thread link you provided is similar to mine but no one is answering in that thread, :( so i dont think that refering that will solve my problem

YA
@ Ravi
your link is good but not enought for me

I cant see any drive on my corrupted hdd
my problem is also same

satyamy said:
I think my Partition Table or MBR is corrupt, so only it is not showing any partiton but as i think positive
my data is still safe
So can any help me to recove it

i am also facing same problem

As i think

So i downloaded & open Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS
& selected my hdd
Harddisk 2
it shows
*img101.imageshack.us/img101/9894/datajn1.th.jpg

So i think my sector 1-62 is corrupt
any sol for this

@ Saurav
You looks genuis in Computers & also you are MVP of MS
also you posts are many
so you must be elder than all of us
So do have experience or had u faced any of these kind of problem

Also
if someone had faced these type of problem than Please let me know about their experiences
so with your Helps I can get rid of this Problem

I have exp of recovering deleted files from soft like PC Inspector File Recovery
But first time facing a Problem like this

I can even touch or see my old drives

My HDD was 80GB Samsung
with 3 Partitions
I dont remember but i must be FAT32

Please at least tell me some basic things

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@avadhesh

HDD writes in the same place again and again... so, as much as u use the HDD, it becomes that much Difficult to recover past data as it fades out...

Theaoritically once written on a HDD, can b recovered any time, but practically it becomes almost impossible to recover the data after 20 ot 30 times or re-write !!!! :(

anyway,

Basics as u said...

1st of all, the HDD it self needs to b physically OK, what I mean by OK, that Check whether BIOS of the PC is detecting the HDD or not... !!!!

Now if the Disk or Head is physically Damage, End user tools wont be able to recover data !!!!

all These software is good enough to recover or restore lost data in instances of file lost by accidental deletion or FARMAT or such... !!!!

Personally, I suggest corporate users to use Stellar Phoenix as previouslly I have seen it in action to recover files from pretty bad situations... !!! now there are many others, but i have not tried them !!! Note. this tool is a paid software !!!

Web Site do provide Demo Download which will not going to give u option to recover or perform extensive search... for those u need to have the full or activated version...

Anyway, Back 2 ur problem with asuming that u have a full Version (Let's not discuss how u get it ;)) ...

See, allow the Stellar Phoenix to complete the entire HDD Scan, which will bit while.. then go through its options to recover ur files... !!! as after it completes the scan, it will present a Windows Exploer like inter face with readeble data !!!

OP
A

avadhesh

@ Saurav thanks so much

I will buy any paid software which can recover or will pay to any one who can recover my files

I wrote a mail to Stellar Phoenix they suggest me to use Stellar Phoenix Fat & NTFS
I scanned my hdd from it but but but
I showed that i has found 1 Logical Disk Drive i.e. of 31.4 GB & after that i scanned my PC
the process it was showing were

Reading
Comparing FAT
Verfying FAT 1
Loading FAT 1
& after this it showed me around 19.5GB of Data which is of Drive C & it is just waste
I cannot find my other D & E Drive data
All the my Data & important Files was in D & E

I have not even recovered a single file from D & E

But have seen my 13-14k useless windows file

My partition was C drive was 20GB & rest were divided into 2, D & E

Please can any thing help me to recover my D & E Files data

& my gut feeling is saying that only parttition table & MBR is corrupt & my data is still safe

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK... If you are a Corporate user or really have some valuable to recover, then use their Live CHAT...

*www.stellarinfo.com/contact.htm

use the phone number close to ur city or which u feel u need to use... Ask them for Profesional HELP and not treat ur Call as just another Sale or Suppport CALL ...

Their Pro help do include back up from Physically Damaged HDD :)

By the way, Which City u are in ?? and as u consider pro help, I suggest dont play with ur HDD any more, wait for the Pro to handle then !!!

Last edited:
OP
A

avadhesh

Choto Cheeta said:
OK... If you are a Corporate user or really have some valuable to recover, then use their Live CHAT...

*www.stellarinfo.com/contact.htm

use the phone number close to ur city or which u feel u need to use... Ask them for Profesional HELP and not treat ur Call as just another Sale or Suppport CALL ...

Their Pro help do include back up from Physically Damaged HDD :)

By the way, Which City u are in ?? and as u consider pro help, I suggest dont play with ur HDD any more, wait for the Pro to handle then !!!

ok
thanks for the Help
I am from Mumbai

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Contact them, as I see they have office in the City :D

B-101, City Point, J. B. Nagar, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai.

022-2821-5946
022-2821-5947
022-4005-5946
022-3269-6069

mumlab[at]stellarinfo.com

*www.stellarinfo.com/mum_map.htm

:)

OP
A

avadhesh

Hello
I called Stellar
they told me to use Stellar Phoenix
When I scanned with Stellar Phoneix
in Stadard Mode it said
Search Sector Range 0 to 66043215
& it tooked 4-5 hrs to complete & showed me a Logical Drive 1 of size 31.4GB & found windows File

Now they are telling me to scan in Advance Mode
I started it
it says
Search Sector Range 0 to 156360645
as per my maths
Now i think it has detected all of 74GB
but how much time will it take
it scanned 7Lakh Files in 10 min
:)
again as per math
it will take 35hrs

& my harddisk is burn like iron
So if i use it for 35hrs continue than i think it will blast

Any other option which can scan it safely & fast & can search all the drives & parts

Please

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, glad to hear it recognised your partition.

If U want, you can let it scan for & recover only particualr files, like mpg video, mp3 music. Scan for files by extension.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
If u have lost ur partitions, u can try for TestDisk.

It's FREE utility & I've recovered partitions many---many times !!

Pretty Cool Utility !!!!

OP
A

avadhesh

shirish_nagar said:
If u have lost ur partitions, u can try for TestDisk.

It's FREE utility & I've recovered partitions many---many times !!

Pretty Cool Utility !!!!
Bhai i have not lost any partition like C or D
but the whole drive each & every partition
Poori ki Poori Hdd hi gayi

I only wanted to know that i scanned hdd of 5-6hrs & it start heating like a burning tawa will it stay if i scann it for 35hrs continue

gx_saurav said:
Well, glad to hear it recognised your partition.

If U want, you can let it scan for & recover only particualr files, like mpg video, mp3 music. Scan for files by extension.

I only want my CDR & PSD file
but this process first find all the partition, verify it & than start finding

1st it will take 35hrs to scann & some more 10-20 hrs for verifying & finding file

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st it will take 35hrs to scann & some more 10-20 hrs for verifying & finding file

Unfortunatelly u have to do it.. :( and as gx said, try with specified file EXT :)

best is try it in a A/C Room, and Open up the Side lid and place a Table Fan directed to blow Air In to the chasis... :D

Place the System + FAN Close to A/C Vent and some think like this

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.3555e842de.jpg

Which I did while testing my OC C2D and KGB Archiver in Full compression !! :lol:

the point is, u have to run the process, while keeping the system cool :(

OP
A

avadhesh

Choto Cheeta said:
Unfortunatelly u have to do it.. :( and as gx said, try with specified file EXT................
..................oint is, u have to run the process, while keeping the system cool :(

oops

I was just thinking of the same............................................

Thanks all friends

satyamy

Alive Again...
Hello My Dear Friends
Pls let me know do you have any prob with me
you are posting continusly on this post but ignoring me
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59392

soln is same

whatever
ok
Thanks

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@satyamy

Why u think that :lol:..... as u see we are too Human like u and others :p so it is not possible for us to know every thing :( so may be we really dont know that question which u asked, anyway I am taking a look again....

as we may comment on a thing which we know, other wise, if we make a comment or suggest any thing useless that will only confuse u :( !!! anyway I am taking a look at that link and will post my view if i know any thing which i belive would b able to help u !!!!

satyamy

Alive Again...
Choto Cheeta said:
@satyamy

Why u think that :lol:..... as u see we are too Human like u and others :p so it is not possible for us to know every thing :( so may be we really dont know that question which u asked, anyway I am taking a look again....

as we may comment on a thing which we know, other wise, if we make a comment or suggest any thing useless that will only confuse u :( !!! anyway I am taking a look at that link and will post my view if i know any thing which i belive would b able to help u !!!!

Just joking man
dont take it seriously
after all i got the soln from this thread
Stellar :)

Choto Cheeta said:
@satyamy

i have seen u in some other forums also with the same name Choto Cheeta
& with the same avatar

What does Choto Cheeta means..........?
& ur an MVP
Its a Great that ThinkDigit has one MVP, how did you become that...........?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom