Hardware price list/spec sheet

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@d6bmg:

Don't be so sure. ;) 5-6 years is a very long time for technology to progress to a completely different level.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ The only one revolution which came in SSD world is the OCZ RevoDrive pci-e ssds, which, if implemented properly by various companies at reasonable prices have the potential to 'replace' normal hdds from the market...

That's why I said 5-6 years. ;)

Sarath

iDota
^^ It is expected. SSDs are only for enthusiasts due to high price. Even if price of HDDs increase still it will remain vfm product compare to SSDs at least for next 5-6 years.

You could be saying this now and buying a SSD next year ;-)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
FYI...ppl ssd is not the future of computer storage....holographic storage is.....in next 3~5 years it will be house hold name by then.
SSD's are just not reliable as HDD's & it will remain that way,plus higher cost drives them from being common.
In our country people are mostly budget conscious..nobody will go for it unless it sells for 500gb for 1750...:)!!!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IceQ coolers I personally like, but I have read enough problems regarding HIS in other forums.

POST ADDED
Darna Jaroori Hai:- ;)

1TB hard drive price set to rise above £100 | KitGuru

Looks like we are in a bit better position as of now.

if the situation is going like this 1TB HDD price will go above 10k mark very soon ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI...ppl ssd is not the future of computer storage....holographic storage is.....in next 3~5 years it will be house hold name by then.
SSD's are just not reliable as HDD's & it will remain that way,plus higher cost drives them from being common.
In our country people are mostly budget conscious..nobody will go for it unless it sells for 500gb for 1750...:)!!!!!!

Presently even the 500gb HDDs are not available at that price and I don't think people will stop buying PCs for that. Eventually SSDs will become cheaper. I remember even CD writer debuted at 10k and DVD writer even higher. So was the case of pendrives/memory cards which has become ubiquitous now.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
i said regarding prices of hdd's as they were ...before the floods in Thailand
ssd's would be cheaper but not as cheap as the hdd's ever...!
by the time they are cheap something new and more reliable will be there in the market & competitively cheaper too...!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Price list of BD CPUs from SMC:-

CPU | Price
FX4100|6575
FX6100|10175
FX8120|12025
FX8150|14225

Some more update on HDD prices:-

KitGuru reveals the timeline for hard drive price reductions | KitGuru

From the time that the first floods hit production, to the time when hard drive prices will return to the sort of levels we had in September 2011, will be a lengthy 9 months.

Around the start of summer 2012, we will finally see the channel price for a 1TB drive settle back down around the £25 mark.

Cilus

laborare est orare
BTW, one good news for the people who wanna buy external HDDs. Currently still some old stocks are present in some online shops like Filpkart.

Here are couple of links:-

Seagate 1 TB 3.5" USB 2.0 7200 RPM External @ 4.15K

Seagate 2.5" USB 2.0 Extternal HDD @ 5.1K

WD My Passport Essential SE 2.5 Inch 1 TB USB 3.0 @ 5.3K

Imation EA APOLLO Portable USB 2.0 2.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk (Black) @ 4.4K

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@skud....hey will there be any takers for AMD BD chips in India?
Amd top end model shares space with Intel 2600k...will it work?
9 months for prices to come to normal for hdd's that loooonnnggg time!!!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@skud....hey will there be any takers for AMD BD chips in India?
Amd top end model shares space with Intel 2600k...will it work?
9 months for prices to come to normal for hdd's that loooonnnggg time!!!!

Don't know, if the 8120 comes down to 10k, it will look good on paper at least. Also we need cheaper mobos (where's 970 chipset) asap.

BTW, this looks like the last nail in BD's coffin as a gamer's choice:-

HARDOCP - Introduction - AMD FX-8150 Multi-GPU Gameplay Performance Review

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ In that review 2500k wins hands down!!!!
costing a 3/4 of a price of bd 8150 but performance top notch in gaming...!
$65 difference between them,atleast user can get may be extra8gb ram for his setup,
User has the option in future to switch to IvyBridge..hope for better performance tham SB...not like 10% performance improvement between BD and piledriver!!!!!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For a gamer, $65 translates choosing a 6970 over a 6950 or like. ;) No prizes for guessing which one is more favorable for a gaming system.

Top Bottom