Hardware Bad Sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneek

Broken In
Hi,
I had a 80GB Seagate HDD.....It is 3 years old....Now I had 3 partitions on it..
Recently I've seen that every partitions has some bad sectors...
Every time I boot to windows it checks the partitions and removes some entries.But fails to complete the process. In windows if I try to do "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" the process fails after phase 1 and says there are some unreadable files.

Please recommend me some good bad sector recovery software..Which recovers the bad sectors without effecting the data stored in it...B'coz I had lots of important data stored on it....

acewin

Point Blanc
defrag. your HDD
run chkdsk /f in command line and reboot your system.

This will help repairing for Bad sectors in your HDD. Run the above two not necessarily any particular order. windows chkdsk is good enough to clear any bad sector, except if the HDD sector is dead.

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
thanks for the idea..But I've done chkdsk /f but its doing nothing.....Thats why I'm asking.....Any more idea..B'coz windows is unable to check..
If there is any software available then pls suggest. If its a freeware then it will be good......But to save my hdd anything good will do...

acewin

Point Blanc
I said defrag it. If the sectors are recoverable then it would be alright otherwise those sectors will start showing as lesser overall space of the HDD.
Besides someone just posted S M A R T based softwares for such kind of uses to repair HDD of bad sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom