manishrpvv

Broken In
My friend has two external , 2 TB HDD and I want to copy them to another hdds of same size that is two external , 2TB HDD. Is there any software in which I gave command and copy the data at faster rate and the software itself stop copying after a fixed interval of time to prevent heating of HDDs and again starts copying
ex:- I gave command for copying whole 2 TB hdd and after 1 hour it stops copying for 10 minutes and then again starts itself copying

Note :- I have used tera copy software but it is creating problems , i have given command for copy of 350GB data but after copying 150GB it stops working and the process interrupted & one more thing it copy continuously and speed of copying is only 20MBps
I have a very good configured desktop with 4GB ram and core2Duo processor and none of the processes are running at the time of copying and task manager shows only the usage of 800MB RAM rest of the RAM is useless

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teracopy is best at doing such task and it's not Teracopy's limitation that you are getting 20MBs - it must be the USB port or some other OS USb driver limitation or the limitation of the drve itself as random pieces of data will always copy at a slow rate compared to sequential data and if possible install tear copy on a xp pc and initialize the copy process and if you need pause it manually.

frankeric

Journeyman
Hi bro I want to ask why ou want to copy your data at once you can copy data in 100 gb sets in this method your hdd will not burn.

gameranand

Living to Play
Don't use anything. Windows explorer copier works fine and won't give any problems whatsoever. As for speed unless you have USB3.0 then you will get speed between 20-30MBps. Its normal. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teracopy is good but it has issues like can't copy some files to and from some locations even pen drives for some permission incompatibilities on win 7 and yes, I was running Teracopy from the admin account. The default copy and paste function of windows 7 worked flawlessly though.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well if something isn't broken then why fix it. If windows default copy paste function flawlessly then why use Third Party software to do the some. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Why in the hell would I like to pause copying. Its not a song or something, it will go on and won't affect your normal work anyway. Don't look for some feature if its not important and just available. Thats my point. :)

Flash

Lost in speed
Ok. Its just a feature which will come in handy when you copy a big file and you want to go out (in b/w the copying).
You just pause the copying process, hibernate the PC and continue after a while.

@GA: Am just explaining my point; Not trolling here.
This conversation ends with your reply :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah I got you, personal choices and I don't complain about that. Its just that I prefer Windows if you prefer Teracopy then its fine by me and I ain't saying that its bad or something just that many think that it will speed up process or something which it clearly doesn't. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why in the hell would I like to pause copying. Its not a song or something, it will go on and won't affect your normal work anyway. Don't look for some feature if its not important and just available. Thats my point. :)

can't say if this true for disk to disk copying but when it comes to copying some gig files over 10MB lan resume feature do comes in very handy.

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually Teracopy gave me nightmares when copying large files. Sometimes it stopped sometimes files it copied were corrupted and didn't worked so I gave up on this software and reverted back to good ol Windows. :)

Top Bottom