Hard Diask Not Detected!!!!! Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

This is a long one so please read :
I have a Samsung 40 GB hard disk and a Seagate 120 GB Hard Disk. My 40GB hard disk is my primary master and the 120GB one the primary slave. Recently i took my 120GB hard disk to a friends house to get some songs and movies!! And the when i came back n plugged it in the 40GB (the primary master) did not get detected. I connected it to the same IDE cable!!! But when i connected the two hard disks on different cables. They both were working fine!!! Earlier there was no such problems as i connected them to the same IDE cable. Please help.... because if i dont get them to work on the same cable, i wont be able to connect my DVD-Writer and Combo drive as the IDE cbales are too short!!!! HELP!!!!!

sknowonweb

Journeyman
there are something called Jumper Pins in the back of the HD . The pins positions are labeled in the HD . Replace pins according to the labels suuch as slave or master and try again .

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Problem solved or not?
y u people dont reply with the solution at the end when ur problem gets solved or may b give a second chance for the users who havnt seen ur thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom