half life uplink

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, first of all, a lot of people get confused between Half-Life, Half-Life: Uplink and Half-Life: Day One. What do you have? The full game (Half-Life), the two-level 48+MB demo (Uplink) or the initial five to six levels of the game (Day One)? If its indeed the two-level demo of Half-Life: Uplink you are talking about, then do this:
Right click the Half-Life shortcut, select Properties and then under 'Target' change
C:\Sierra\Half-LifeUplink\hldemo.exe
to
C:\Sierra\Half-LifeUplink\hldemo.exe -dev -console
and then launch the game. You should notice a 'Console' button on the top left corner when you load the game, click it to enter the developer console. Enter
map hldemo1
to start the game with cheats enabled, and during gameplay, press ~ to bring down the console and enter:
/god - Invulnerability
/impulse 101 - All items and health

If its not Uplink and if its Day One or the full retail version, follow all steps except the 'map' command. Just click 'New Game', select your difficulty mode and then enter the cheats like before. For a full list of cheats, check here:
*www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/43362.html

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Tell me about it! For a pretty long time I thought Halflife Day One is the full version of the game and HL:OF is the concluding part! So I was wondering whats the big fuss about this extremely short game!!! But when I got the full version and played till the "Surface Tension" level, I was just like "Wow"!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, you told me about it. :D Day One was the OEM version of Half-Life that was bundled along with some hardware and was also available as a package called Half-Life: Initial Encounter, that bundled Day One and Team Fortress Classic.
Usually, all the games play out parallelly, with the exception of Uplink, which is kinda set in an alternate universe or something and has very little to do with the actual game. (In fact, next to nothing) But otherwise chronologically, it goes this way:
Half-Life: Blueshift begins
Half-Life begins
Half-Life: Opposing Force begins
Half-Life: Blueshift ends
Half-Life ends
Half-Life: Opposing Force ends

Talk about complicated. :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Half Life: Initial Encounter? Never knew about that! This topic is turning out to be quite informative about HL!
Sadly I haven't yet played HL:BS so I have missed out on an important part of the series. Should get it ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom