Guild Wars 2

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
In the recent deal many of us have bought Guild wars 2. So lets discuss this game here. I have started downloading but still over 3 lakh files left. :evil:
Has anyone started playing. My IGN will be nomad.6047.

rock2702

Padawan
I play in GANDARA(EU) server.So,requesting all the new guys to select that server at the beginning, so that we can play together.

Killing Machine
Thanks for the thread [MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION]. Lets use this thread for the progress and discussions. Thanks for tagging me [MENTION=149723]gagan_kumar[/MENTION]. :)

Adding more players to the thread:
[MENTION=155464]Coolone[/MENTION]: Coolone.1586

[MENTION=147168]rock2702[/MENTION]: Share your GW2 name.

Coming to the game download, this game has one of the worst downloaders I guess. No ETA, no remaining download size and just the file count. Download resumes with 0% every time which could be misleading for users initially. Lack of proper pause/resume option and though it has the functionality, it couldn't handle my mediocre internet which fluctuates occasionally. Here is what happened - I had completed 8GB of download and had about ~2L of files left when my internet started fluctuating. Unable to handle this and before I realized that I should just manually close the downloader, it just zoomed to 100%. I knew that the files were incomplete as the game was about 20GB but I could not resume the download at all. No file integrity checker. :banghead:

Anyways, I just started over and completed the download last night, phew. Can we change the initial home world later or the selection is one-time?

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Yes this downloader is worse. I have no idea how much I have downloaded. And my PC is also down. Guess I will have to download again

anaklusmos

Youngling
Thanks for the thread [MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION]. Lets use this thread for the progress and discussions. Thanks for tagging me [MENTION=149723]gagan_kumar[/MENTION]. :)

Adding more players to the thread:
[MENTION=155464]Coolone[/MENTION]: Coolone.1586

[MENTION=147168]rock2702[/MENTION]: Share your GW2 name.

Coming to the game download, this game has one of the worst downloaders I guess. No ETA, no remaining download size and just the file count. Download resumes with 0% every time which could be misleading for users initially. Lack of proper pause/resume option and though it has the functionality, it couldn't handle my mediocre internet which fluctuates occasionally. Here is what happened - I had completed 8GB of download and had about ~2L of files left when my internet started fluctuating. Unable to handle this and before I realized that I should just manually close the downloader, it just zoomed to 100%. I knew that the files were incomplete as the game was about 20GB but I could not resume the download at all. No file integrity checker. :banghead:

Anyways, I just started over and completed the download last night, phew. Can we change the initial home world later or the selection is one-time?

There is a file checker, just make a shortcut on your desktop, open its properties, and add a "--repair" to the run parameters.

I forgot my ign, will update it when I get home.

AFAIK, you can select your home only once, then later you must pay to have it changed. Though I did get to change it once for some reason which ANet gave for free

Killing Machine
There is a file checker, just make a shortcut on your desktop, open its properties, and add a "--repair" to the run parameters.
Thanks :) This teaches me that I should be more patient and do a bit of googling before storming to Shift+Del. :lol: I tried the backup-restart-pause-replace option, only to know that it doesn't help.

*help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

rock2702

Padawan
My IGN is rockybalbosa.

Refer to this starters guide,good for beginners

Starter Guide - Guild Wars 2 Wiki Guide - IGN

Killing Machine
Sorry guys, I'll try to make it today for GW2. Got held up with work this week and yet to go through the starter guide. :)

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns video shows more Maguuma - PC Gamer

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I used to play this but I can't login anymore because of BSanal ping problems. I can log in like once in a 100 tries.

anaklusmos

Youngling
I used to play this but I can't login anymore because of BSanal ping problems. I can log in like once in a 100 tries.

There was a hack which worked some times which helped with better ping during peak hours. Something do do with a host port change i think. Try googling it, helped a lot during my BSanal days :)

Top Bottom