GTX 660 vs HD 7850...pls help

lakeport

Banned
I'll take your word for the Toshiba HDD. I recommended SG/WD only because they're well known and reliable. Although one important point NEVER EVER go for Hitachi HDDs...!!

Another thing i'd like to add is that Vengeance DIMMs are notorious for blocking aftermarket heatsinks. Although i don't think the OP plans to install aftermarket cooling.. i'm just giving a friendly reminder..

Other than that the build looks well balanced and capable enough to handle most games at 1080p with decent i-candy and give smooth performance.
Those who are saying that a 660 will be bottlenecked by an 3rd gen i3 running at 3.3 GHZ.. sorry but you dont know what you are talking about..!!

I'll take your word for the Toshiba HDD. I recommended SG/WD only because they're well known and reliable. Although one important point NEVER EVER go for Hitachi HDDs...!!

Another thing i'd like to add is that Vengeance DIMMs are notorious for blocking aftermarket heatsinks. Although i don't think the OP plans to install aftermarket cooling.. i'm just giving a friendly reminder..

Other than that the build looks well balanced and capable enough to handle most games at 1080p with decent i-candy and give smooth performance.
Those who are saying that a 660 will be bottlenecked by an 3rd gen i3 running at 3.3 GHZ.. sorry but you dont know what you are talking about..!!

> Yeah, Corsair Vengance have large heat psreaders and many times blokck an aftermarket cooler. get G.skill ripjawsx or sniper instead.

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I disagree..
Check my signature for the reason.. Although not the monster of a aftermarket cooler, Hyper 212 evo still is huge.

Alternatively ripjaw is smaller in size and they both are equally good.

I disagree..
Check my signature for the reason.. Although not the monster of a aftermarket cooler, Hyper 212 evo still is huge.

Alternatively ripjaw is smaller in size and they both are equally good.
It depends on space between cpu socket and DIMM slot(s). If you look at my motherboard (intel dh61ww :p) I would never be able to fit the evo even with a ripjawsX :p

lakeport

Banned
> Started trolling again :facepalm:

What trolling?
I said, since i don't have a lot of experience with Hard Disks, ill take your word for it.
Are you saying that Seagate/Western Digital disks aren't reliable?
I have a Hitachi Hard Disk and it simply isn't good.. Makes weird scratching noises during disk access. I am speaking from personal experience.

If you disagree with my opinion please post the exact reason why you do instead of posting memes.

I disagree..

it depends on the motherboard too.. some boards have RAM slots quite close to the CPU socket..
For example read this page.. look at the second picture and read whats written below it.

What trolling?
I said, since i don't have a lot of experience with Hard Disks, ill take your word for it.
Are you saying that Seagate/Western Digital disks aren't reliable?
I have a Hitachi Hard Disk and it simply isn't good.. Makes weird scratching noises during disk access. I am speaking from personal experience.

If you disagree with my opinion please post the exact reason why you do instead of posting memes.

it depends on the motherboard too.. some boards have RAM slots quite close to the CPU socket..
For example read this page.. look at the second picture and read whats written below it.
Oh man, I'm extremely sorry. I got pissed off between Toshiba and Hitachi :p Sorry man.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

I dint see you mentioning about the board when you plainly said that vengeance is notorious of space crunching the coolers.

I know it depends lot on your mobo too.. but here, we already have a mobo model in place and with that mobo and the cooler we are talking about here, my point still holds.

My apologies if that was a puzzle for you to find out that i was hinting towards my vengeance + evo combo on a similar setup that op is targetting upon.

Top Bottom