GTA IV on ATi graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmenon

Broken In
Hi!
I got GTA IV from my cousin in the US. It is a great game but my friend with a rig with the following specs is having trouble inspite of meeting min req.
Intel Dual core 1.66GHz
Intel D945GCNL Mobo
1 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
Ati Radeon X1550XT 512MB Graphics Card
160 GB Seagate HDD.
Windows XP SP3
(He has the 'ahem' version of GTA IV from his classmate, a real shame and painful to install)
The problem is that all of the road and ground textures are missing and the cars appear to float in mid air. I went to the online forums and found people
with even the Radeon 3870 (which is the recommended ATi equivalent for NVidia 8600GT) complaining about the same issue. Why is this? Should I tell my friend to upgrade. I'm trying to persuade him to get the original GTA IV.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
1.Get Original Game > Its worth it (Just Rs 499/-)
2.In my case, the game fares better in vista
3.Install this update to fix the missing textures > *www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

ajooba215

Journeyman
Hi!
I got GTA IV from my cousin in the US. It is a great game but my friend with a rig with the following specs is having trouble inspite of meeting min req.
Intel Dual core 1.66GHz
Intel D945GCNL Mobo
1 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
Ati Radeon X1550XT 512MB Graphics Card
160 GB Seagate HDD.
Windows XP SP3
(He has the 'ahem' version of GTA IV from his classmate, a real shame and painful to install)
The problem is that all of the road and ground textures are missing and the cars appear to float in mid air. I went to the online forums and found people
with even the Radeon 3870 (which is the recommended ATi equivalent for NVidia 8600GT) complaining about the same issue. Why is this? Should I tell my friend to upgrade. I'm trying to persuade him to get the original GTA IV.

Dude ve got msi 9600gt and m experiencing the same prob..donno wuss wrong? i thought its with nvidia but u ve got ati .. c'mon guys fix it out..

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Dude ve got msi 9600gt and m experiencing the same prob..donno wuss wrong? i thought its with nvidia but u ve got ati .. c'mon guys fix it out..
Install this update to fix the missing textures > *www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom