GTA IV EFLC only 20 FPS

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Hi ,

My config details are in my signature...

My Sapphire HD 6850 runs at stock settings , cuz no overclock required for my resolution.

My monitor supports only 1366x768 resolution which isn't tough for a HD 6850, and my settings are on medium details as you can see on screenshot..

Why i get only 15-25 FPS only ? Is there a problem with Graphic card ?

I should get at least 40 FPS on full settings.

*s4.postimage.org/91je6yb1d/EFLC_2011_07_07_02_40_42_96.png

gameranand

Living to Play
Well its the problem with the game itself as its poorly optimized. I played in on medium settings and sometimes low settings on my HD 5770 at 1440*900.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's a poorly optimized game, with un-impressive graphics, and inconsistent gameplay involving running back and fro the same roads made me MEH! it!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
One of of the most poorly optimised games. The processor might be bottlenecking the GPU a bit.
Run it on lower settings :(

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hey hey Wait ,,, I got the same prob with my PC with the original GTA4 ....
The only one which would perfectly solve this is an Title update to the new version ..
Then it will work like a charm !

For my GTA4 PC version THIS did it
There might be some similar update for episodes too !!

Last edited:

rchi84

In the zone
GTA 4 is one of the few games that actually make use of 4 cores, but not very efficiently. don't fret over it..

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
okay, here are other screenshots of my Crysis 2 with DX11 patch game.. i still don't think my PSU is underpowered ... if the proccy is bottlenecking gpu .. then does gpu gets damaged ( since it cant run with its full potential ) ?

1) *s3.postimage.org/j091s0jo/Crysis2_2011_07_07_12_00_41_43.jpg

2) *s3.postimage.org/j1jctqdg/Crysis2_2011_07_07_12_00_57_98.jpg

The game showed 30-59 FPS with Ultra settings and Vsync On while on video. but i experienced a frame drop of upto 9 FPS and 15 FPS while gaming.. this isn't fun :( i think CPU is culprit. since my lenovo Y560 runs game at 12 FPS on same Ultra settings

3) *s3.postimage.org/j285vxs4/Crysis2_2011_07_07_12_06_12_10.jpg

4) *s3.postimage.org/j26iclac/Crysis2_2011_07_07_12_05_55_13.jpg

I can't upgrade anymore,, guess i have to live with this old f**k old proccy.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^^^^Its the CPU, it eats on 3 cores. Check here

Crysis 2 Benchmark | BenchmarK3D

But, why did you post this here? Wrong thread!!!

Post this in the Crysis 2 thread!

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
i couldn't find title update for other games like crysis 2 :(

damn, after i receive my corsair xms 2 4 gb, i will overclock my processor to 3.4 ghz.. and lets see if anything happens. or else very bad, i didnt thought c2d e7200 would be too underpowered ..

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
See i have played this game on my Win 7 64 .. with patch 1.1.1.0 ( It did run like a charm )
There is another latest patch for Episodes here Download Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City Patch 1.1.2.0 - Make sure that you use the latest Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City Patch. - Softpedia

Hope it works !
or else try with patch 1.1.1.0 ( But This game runs smoothly on Win7 )
The Original GTA 4 only lags a lot ! not this one !

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
See i have played this game on my Win 7 64 .. with patch 1.1.1.0 ( It did run like a charm )
There is another latest patch for Episodes here Download Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City Patch 1.1.2.0 - Make sure that you use the latest Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City Patch. - Softpedia

Hope it works !
or else try with patch 1.1.1.0 ( But This game runs smoothly on Win7 )
The Original GTA 4 only lags a lot ! not this one !

thanks, i will download it and try it..

Top Bottom