Graphics/Display/Motherboard/Codec what is this problem???

Cilus

laborare est orare
The problem is most probably for codec. And you are using core avc Codec, then install Halli Media Splitter.
Download MediaInfoGUI.
Open it and drag your video inside its window. It will show you the details of the Audio and video stream. As it is a mkv file, probably it will be H264 or AVC video codec and AAC audio codec.
If its, then try to play it in vlc media player (download the latest one). VLC has inbuit codec for playing avc. If it is playing properly in VLC, then the problem is surely codec related. Try to uninstall codecs (coreavc) and reinstall it. Also download the latest ffdshow codec.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The problem is most probably for codec. And you are using core avc Codec, then install Halli Media Splitter.
Download MediaInfoGUI.
Open it and drag your video inside its window. It will show you the details of the Audio and video stream. As it is a mkv file, probably it will be H264 or AVC video codec and AAC audio codec.
If its, then try to play it in vlc media player (download the latest one). VLC has inbuit codec for playing avc. If it is playing properly in VLC, then the problem is surely codec related. Try to uninstall codecs (coreavc) and reinstall it. Also download the latest ffdshow codec.

I think i have haali media splitter or as to what it had shown in properties...yes it was a problem with H264 stream...i tried playing in vlc player..it was worse & in most cases an error cropped up & i had to close it...luckily as tkin & karanth85 had said,i downloaded the kmplayer & it worked in it...well it is a codec problem for sure now..but no idea how to rectify it...

@tkin..pls help me out... :(

tkin

Back to school!!
I think i have haali media splitter or as to what it had shown in properties...yes it was a problem with H264 stream...i tried playing in vlc player..it was worse & in most cases an error cropped up & i had to close it...luckily as tkin & karanth85 had said,i downloaded the kmplayer & it worked in it...well it is a codec problem for sure now..but no idea how to rectify it...

@tkin..pls help me out... :(
The problem may be with with video card driver, coreavc is known to use hardware acceleration.

Anyways, uninstall vlc, completely, download and install latest version of vlc, after installing go to tools: preferences: Input & Codecs, make sure that these two boxes are UNCHECKED.

Use GPU acceleration(experimental)
Use system codec if available(...........)

Click save.

Now run the video, vlc does not use system codec(unless you check the two options above) so the problem should be fixed.

``````````````````````````````````

If not fixed,
Again open tools: preferences:Video

UNCHECK
Accelerated video output(overlay)

Save and try again.

If not fixed,

UNCHECK
Use hardware YUV>RGB conversion

Try again.

Report.

PS: You have a weird problem, if kmplayer is running fine then vlc should too as both use ffmpeg(AFAIK) do decode H.264 stream, vlc has proven to be a lot responsive for me.

Last edited:
OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The problem may be with with video card driver, coreavc is known to use hardware acceleration.

Anyways, uninstall vlc, completely, download and install latest version of vlc, after installing go to tools: preferences: Input & Codecs, make sure that these two boxes are UNCHECKED.

Use GPU acceleration(experimental)
Use system codec if available(...........)

Click save.

Now run the video, vlc does not use system codec(unless you check the two options above) so the problem should be fixed.

If not fixed,

UNCHECK
Accelerated video output(overlay)

Save and try again.

If not fixed,

UNCHECK
Use hardware YUV>RGB conversion

Try again.

Report.

PS: You have a weird problem, if kmplayer is running fine then vlc should too as both use ffmpeg(AFAIK) do decode H.264 stream, vlc has proven to be a lot responsive for me.

ok did as you told & now its working perfectly on vlc player as well...is this problem based on core avc only??Can it be changed from core avc to ffdshow video decoder..i do not know anything about these..so if this doesn't make sense then fine..but are there any alternatives to these codec problems???

tkin

Back to school!!
ok did as you told & now its working perfectly on vlc player as well...is this problem based on core avc only??Can it be changed from core avc to ffdshow video decoder..i do not know anything about these..so if this doesn't make sense then fine..but are there any alternatives to these codec problems???
One of your codecs are causing the issues, I'll post detail instructions tomorrow, going to sleep now.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok, do the following:

1.Uninstall K-Lite codec pack from your system, also uninstall coreavc if its intalled on your system.
2.Restart pc.
3.Download and install latest version of k-lite from here, in the installation option select "lots of stuff," also during installation look for a option that says "fix broken codoc" and check that.
Free-Codecs.com :: Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.3.0 : The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack includes the K-Lite Codec Pack Full, QuickTime Alternative, Real Alternative support and Monkey's Audio DirectShow decoder.
4.Restar system and try, if it does not work, we'll have to get into registry editing and that can get a bit messy.

I suggest enjoying vlc and set it as universal player to avoid all future issues, maintaining codecs is just too damn tiresome.

Just found out that somehow the flv splitter in my system got screwed up and I can't play flv in wmp any more, haven't manage to find the offending codec but I use vlc to play flvs, better than to waste hours trying to find the offending codec.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i tried installing the pack u gave(i had installed the same one before from download.com)...now the problem is when i finished installing..my kis said the uninstall file is a trojan & removed it..now the problem is i cannot remove the klite 6.3.0 from my comp as it does not show up in my add or remove & in start up menu..installing part..it says it is corrupted & the worst part is now it refuses to play any mki file saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

What is this problem now??damn i feel like crying now...y does this happen to me... :( :(
& while installing i couldn't find the fix codec issue thing anywhere..am really sry to bug you akin though...but y me??WAAH!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
i tried installing the pack u gave(i had installed the same one before from download.com)...now the problem is when i finished installing..my kis said the uninstall file is a trojan & removed it..now the problem is i cannot remove the klite 6.3.0 from my comp as it does not show up in my add or remove & in start up menu..installing part..it says it is corrupted & the worst part is now it refuses to play any mki file saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

What is this problem now??damn i feel like crying now...y does this happen to me... :( :(
& while installing i couldn't find the fix codec issue thing anywhere..am really sry to bug you akin though...but y me??WAAH!!!
Kis is crap antivirus, disable it when you're installing k-lite, download the file again and run it, the Codec pack is absolutely safe and your kis vb database is probably corrupt or something.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am unable to uninstall it since the uninstall file is removed..will try replacing it...

one more thing...at the select additional task..do i need to tick anything for ffdshow confi because nothing is ticked in it...or just leave it to reset all settings in default

Secondly...this is what i got in between...
*a.imagehost.org/0981/tkin_4.jpg

I searched around my comp to find this software & i couldn't trace it..how do i remove then???

ahh finally it seems to work now after tweaking a bit...after installing the codec,i got the same problem so i opened the ffdshow video decoder confi & in it the first one,H264 decoder part was shown as disabled...so i put it in ffmpeg-mt & wala it worked...FINALLY..its finally working perfectly....what is ffmpeg anyway???Anyways Thank you tkin for all your help... & patience :p...can't believe that all this hulla happened just because of h264 being put as disabled... :p :)

*i.imagehost.org/0859/tkin5.jpg

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
ffmpeg-mt is name of a library that ffdshow uses to decode H.264 streams, its multithreaded and uses upto 4 cores if necessary, core avc is really good and never crashed on me, but I use the latest version, your version was older so thats why it was causing issues.

Your good to go.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ffmpeg-mt is name of a library that ffdshow uses to decode H.264 streams, its multithreaded and uses upto 4 cores if necessary, core avc is really good and never crashed on me, but I use the latest version, your version was older so thats why it was causing issues.

Your good to go.

ahh no wonder my comp temp & usage is higher than before...comp avg temp is not 65-70C now from 55-60..comp usage is hovering around 20-25%...will try to update core avc..but am not able to detect where i installed in my pc..i searched & found an ax file extention..no separate installation as such..if in download & install recent core avc..will it replace then or do i have to track the file???Thanks btw for your help... :)

tkin

Back to school!!
ahh no wonder my comp temp & usage is higher than before...comp avg temp is not 65-70C now from 55-60..comp usage is hovering around 20-25%...will try to update core avc..but am not able to detect where i installed in my pc..i searched & found an ax file extention..no separate installation as such..if in download & install recent core avc..will it replace then or do i have to track the file???Thanks btw for your help... :)
The problem you had was that coreavc uses hardware acceleration(i.e graphics card) to play H.264 but since you're using onboard you lack that feature and hence the issue i guess. Coreavc is premium software and you have to buy it, or look someplace else ;-)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The problem you had was that coreavc uses hardware acceleration(i.e graphics card) to play H.264 but since you're using onboard you lack that feature and hence the issue i guess. Coreavc is premium software and you have to buy it, or look someplace else ;-)
oh ok i understood the problem now..thanks a lot for all your help.... :) :)