Graphics Cards related queries here.

arun_chennai

tech mighty
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

arun_cool said:
@arun_chennai
where r u from chennai...i m frm saidapet....

whats the price of xfx 8600gt & gts in richy street.........

Oh great yar...I am from Guindy:D...u can get XFX 8600GT for 5.5k with a bit of bargaining...For 8k u can get a 7900GS & it will easily beat 8600GTS (but no Dx10 support:(:()....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

the new ati 3800 looks really schveeet. its like 2x of gtx

kantiman

Broken In

deathvirus_me said:
^^ not even close in performance .. even a 8800GT beats the HD3870 :p ..

Yes I agree. Check the review here
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151

arun_chennai

tech mighty

entrana said:
the new ati 3800 looks really schveeet. its like 2x of gtx

It cant even touch 8800GT & then where comes the GTX into picture....according to Anand tech 2*3850 in crossfire mode is neck & neck with GTX....;)

boosters

In the zone

I want to purchase a Graphic Card for my Asus Motherboard P5PE. I am confuse which one is better. Please advice. I need it urgently :confused:. I have a 1 x AGP 8X , for more information about my motherboard please look here "*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=0&model=1276&modelmenu=1" , my budget only below Rs 5000. Please help , also tell me which support Pixel Shader 2.0 etc etc.

Last edited:

kyvivek

Right off the assembly line

8800GT PRICES IN CHENNAI
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i went down 2 ritchy street 2day lookin 2 buy the 8800gt baby. here's the quote the various guys gave me..

Supreme - Nope.. they don't have one
Sethia - 14900.. BIG
Delta - These guys have the XFX all 3 versions. Basic is 15500 and XXX is 16500. a little high i reckon.. bt then u can alwys bargain ;)

arun_chennai

tech mighty

kyvivek said:
8800GT PRICES IN CHENNAI
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i went down 2 ritchy street 2day lookin 2 buy the 8800gt baby. here's the quote the various guys gave me..

Supreme - Nope.. they don't have one
Sethia - 14900.. BIG
Delta - These guys have the XFX all 3 versions. Basic is 15500 and XXX is 16500. a little high i reckon.. bt then u can alwys bargain ;)
Bargain for and get XXX edition.....u may further overclock it and get it closer to GTX speeds....:D:D:D

prince980

Dear Frnds..
i have d following config
1.intel core 2 duo e 4400
2.intel dg965ry mobo
3.1 gb ram
4.160 gb hdd
5.19 inch samsun lcd..

im getting a xfx 8600Gt from d us ..i have a 400 watt power supply..i bought my pc 2 months ago..i was wonderin if this psu is enough for the graphic card..i dont overcolock ..im really worried cos ive aleady spent a lot for this pc..

and ppl ask how many usb devices u have..do dey mean how many usb ports u have?i have zebronics cabinett...2 usb ports in the front..and 4 at the back

plzz clear my query..is 400w enough for xfx 8600GT

waitin for ur replies

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

prince980 said:
Dear Frnds..
i have d following config
1.intel core 2 duo e 4400
2.intel dg965ry mobo
3.1 gb ram
4.160 gb hdd
5.19 inch samsun lcd..

im getting a xfx 8600Gt from d us ..i have a 400 watt power supply..i bought my pc 2 months ago..i was wonderin if this psu is enough for the graphic card..i dont overcolock ..im really worried cos ive aleady spent a lot for this pc..

and ppl ask how many usb devices u have..do dey mean how many usb ports u have?i have zebronics cabinett...2 usb ports in the front..and 4 at the back

plzz clear my query..is 400w enough for xfx 8600GT

waitin for ur replies
yes..400 watt will be sufficient for you.Dont worry, your PC will work fine.

Regarding USB:
I think they mean, how many external USB device you have attached like, printer, webcam and others.

kyvivek

arun_chennai said:
Bargain for and get XXX edition.....u may further overclock it and get it closer to GTX speeds....:D:D:D

made a mistake.. the extreme edition costs 16500 not the xxx one. din't ask how much the xxx costs :D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

yup extreme is 16500, although i got it got 16000. i got it from vedant, and the extreme one is way better than xxx(by 10mhz)

nvidia

-----ATi-----

I have a XFX 8600GT.
Is there anyway by which i can check my fan speeds??
And is there a way to increase/decrease the speed??

sparsh

HI folks,

My configuration is as given below in my signature.

Right now I am using my 15 inch CRT with the integrated Graphics Chipset (Intel 845 GL Shared Graphics memory 64MB )

I am going in for a 22 inch ACER LCD.

My question is will the intel 845 GL chipset be able to drive such a display or I have to invest in an additional graphics card.
My MB only supports 8x AGP cards. SO can anybody sugest some good AGP 8x graphics cards left on the market. (Like FX 5800 etc or maybe 6600 or 7600 if my budget permits :oops:)

Budget would be upto Rs. 5000/-(could go higher :D ) as I wont be using the system for lots of Gaming. (Maybe the occasional MAX PAYNE 2 :rolleyes: or NFS UG2 :D or mostly such FPS genres )
I was playing such games on the current config at 1024x768 resolution.

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks and regards,
KJ

hash!!

________

sparsh said:
HI folks,

My configuration is as given below in my signature.

Right now I am using my 15 inch CRT with the integrated Graphics Chipset (Intel 845 GL Shared Graphics memory 64MB )

I am going in for a 22 inch ACER LCD.

My question is will the intel 845 GL chipset be able to drive such a display or I have to invest in an additional graphics card.
My MB only supports 8x AGP cards. SO can anybody sugest some good AGP 8x graphics cards left on the market. (Like FX 5800 etc or maybe 6600 or 7600 if my budget permits :oops:)

Budget would be upto Rs. 5000/-(could go higher :D ) as I wont be using the system for lots of Gaming. (Maybe the occasional MAX PAYNE 2 :rolleyes: or NFS UG2 :D or mostly such FPS genres )
I was playing such games on the current config at 1024x768 resolution.

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks and regards,
KJ

i guess a 7600gt agp would cost you anywhere between 4-6k... i had an agp board till a couple of months back, and i checked the prices for an x1950 pro agp back then, it retailed for around 10-11k... but i guess the best option for you right now would be to get a pcie board... cause buying an agp doesnt quite seem feasible these days, agp prices seem to be kinda high... anyway, thats your choice... :) check the hardware prices thread for the exact price...

sparsh

hash!! said:
i guess a 7600gt agp would cost you anywhere between 4-6k... i had an agp board till a couple of months back, and i checked the prices for an x1950 pro agp back then, it retailed for around 10-11k... but i guess the best option for you right now would be to get a pcie board... cause buying an agp doesnt quite seem feasible these days, agp prices seem to be kinda high... anyway, thats your choice... :) check the hardware prices thread for the exact price...
Thanks hash!! for the reply,

I guess a 7600gt between 4-6 k would be really great for me at this time bcoz:

1] I wont be using this system for long, after which only my Dad will be using it.
And I don't think Dad will want to play games on it like me :D unless
he changes his mind ofcourse :p
He uses it only for business trading.

2] Only thing I have on mind is that currently I should be able to play games on it( ocassionally)
and the overall graphics quality (for movies or games) should be clear and lag free :)
atleast at its native resolution i.e. 1680x1050)

BTW, what kind of upgrade did you perform (I mean what is your config
right now ) and how much did you shell out :D for it ??

Thanks once again and regards,
KJ

Top Bottom