Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

xfx also released alpha dog editions of gts 640 and gt 512, whcih support pcie2.0

hash!!

________

ugh... this blows... i hate nvidia for dumb tactics like this... the GT almost levels up to the GTX... i dunno what its priced at... but then it totally smokes the GTS from the reviews i've looked at... ugh....
and damn... the card looks so cool... i thought my 320mb gts was so ubercool cause it was huge and bulky and heavy... but now that i've seen the gt, which takes up half the space and weighs half as much as the gts, and performs ever better, i feel pathetic... :(

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Hey don't worry!
THe card isn't that biggie!
It performs less than of 8800 GTX when u turn on AA & AF on 2560X1600.
It performs better because it has more shaders than 8800 GTS (96) where as 8800 GT has 112 shaders, and shader clock is 1.5 where as GTX has 1.35, memory clock is 1800Mhz (same as GTX)
And also it is 65mn whereas GTS & GTX are 90nm.....which might holds great overclocking potential!

But do u really think that u can have that much of resolution on ur systems?

At 1920X1200, GT and GTX performs same!
That's the resolution that most of the mainstream LCDs (17" & 19") don't have!
Ya all gonna require a 22" & above to acheve the 1920X1200 resolution!

The card is supposed to be between the price range of 8600 GTS and 8800 GTS.......because nVidia is killing its 320 MB GTS because in another 4 months, the card will be no where to be found!

Ya all are lucky that u have the 320 GTS!

And also the card is PCI-E 2.0!

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

which version of xfx 8600gt is better UDF7 or UDF3
which t one hav overheating problem??

wts the warranty of Asus EN8600GT over clocked version?
is it better than xfx?

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Can anyone....post the ...latest Geforce 8 series Graphics Card with their prices....

...for few days ...i have been hearing that new model..of 8800 old model of 8800...new 8600.... i m totally confused....how to differentiate...between...them

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@shyamno
8800 GT is the new model. 8800GTS and GTX are older models.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

I have an XFX 8600GT. It runs at around 75-80C under load and 50C when idle. Can i overclock my card so tht i can get 5 to 10 fps more in games like Lost Planet?? Will this void my warranty?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@nvidia8800
no, it won't void ur warranty, but the card ight get unstable.

Go to XFX site and register for their support. Then post ur issues and if needed theyll guide u to get the card replaced.
I dun think normally an 8600GT gets that hot.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

I have checked the temp with various tools. I have 1 extra fan near the gfx card to increase airflow. Still the card runs at 75-80C under load.
Will overclocking my CPU void the warranty?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^^Try a slight overclock and see the temp. if it increases drastically then don't overclock it!
The mentioned temp. is really high as this should be the temp. after overclocking, but u are not the only one who's having this much of temp.
Ask others who owns the same card!

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz

My friend has bought Sparkle 7300GS 256MB PCI-e card..
Now wants to buy an AMD sys...
does this card has ne compatibility problems?
We r going for Asus M2A-VM mobo..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

There is no issues with the AMD that u can't use nVidia card with it....ofcourse u can use any of the ATi or nVidia card with the motherboard!

Shloeb

In the zone

how much power does a 8800GT require? Being on 65nm process it should consume less power. Can it work on a 400W PSU?

monkey

Padawan

EVGA sites says that Min. 400 Watts PSU is required for 8800GT and Min. 450 Watts PSU for 8800GT in SLI but I think that this has to be good quality PSUs. Also the PSU should have Min. 22A on +12V rail for single 8800GT and 24A for 8800GT in SLI. You will also require 6-pin PCI-e power dongle (EVGA provides this dongle alongwith the card).

Shloeb

In the zone

I just read this:
# A single GeForce 8800 GT requires you to have a 450 Watt power supply unit at minimum if you use it in a high-end system. That power supply needs to have (in total) at least 26 Amps available on the 12 volts rails.
# A second GeForce 8800 GT installed on this system requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit at minimum if you use it in a high-end system. That power supply needs to have (in total) at least 36 Amps available on the 12 volts rails
Now as they said 450W for high-end pc. For mid range pcs like the ones that we have. I think 400W should be enough.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

cyberboy_kerala said:
which version of xfx 8600gt is better UDF7 or UDF3
which t one hav overheating problem??

wts the warranty of Asus EN8600GT over clocked version?
is it better than xfx?
^^Some one please answer this

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I feel stupid after buying 8600GT SLI.The only benifit i have is more Vram.

RexRazr

Broken In

Hi guys, I have an XFX 7300GS since 1 year and now I wish to switch to an 8600gt. How much will the performance differ from my old card after attaching the 8600gt ?
I'd play recent games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Bioshock or rather older games like F.E.A.R in high detail on 1024x768 res. How much frame rate will I get approx. on those games with the 8600gt ?
Thanks in advance for any help..

Top Bottom