Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ asigh

buddy in nvidia site its written that it needs 200w board power.Can you clarify this?And even in some sites the idle and load power are much higher than what you've stated.

Well nVidia and ATI too, always officially recommend higher PSU, so they play safe. The best I could see:

Hot Hardware : 327W - full system
Hexus : 348W - full system
TomsHardware - 283W - full system
Xbit labs - 231W - Single GTX 465
hardwarecunucks - 324W - full system

I found the xbit lab method to be the most accurate. But again, I think a VX450 should be able to handle it, as long as not heavy OC is taken into play (CPU and/or GPU).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@asigh
Buddy i saw the links. Its very confusing? The 465 even consumes more power than gtx470.How can that be possible?

Even the 5850 consumes far less power than the 465 and is similarly priced but performs better.

Can it fit my system in minimum requirement context?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
You gave the answer yourself. Give green apple the wide berth, and get the HD5850. It will wipe the floor with a GTX 465 or even GTX470. See this review. Basically the Fermi series are croppers, avoid them.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

But will my vx 450 be able to power it or my system's gonna blow? Overclocking is out of picture.

Ati has no vx 450 listed in its suggested list of psu's for the 5850.It has vx 550 as minimum requirement for the card.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

What about physx? Can ati satisfy that requirement?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

ATI will not provide PhysX. You VX450 is fine for the HD5850.

sam_ir

Broken In

nobody bothers hear in this topic to answer my question :-x please suggest its urgent.:?:
i have g33 mobo, core 2 duo 2.33ghz processor, 1gb ram and 550w power supply, is this sufficient for HD 5670/5570 or GT 240 graphics cards?

sam_ir

Broken In

finally:razz: someone replied thanks
Mine is Power express 550W.
the guy i bought from says its good for graphics cards.
till now i dont have any complains for a year.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
No that is a generic, basic PSU. Not good. Even if the GPUs you want are low powered but risky.

sam_ir

Broken In

well i will get a better one but are these gpu's are sufficient to run in my pc?
g33 mobo, core 2 duo 2.33ghz processor, 1gb ram. i am also adding 2gb ram.

gazler

Look Around, Life's Great

Hey guys , I really need some help on this. I need a graphics card within Rs.3000 to Rs.5000. I was thinking of 9600GT . Is it fine ? Also , there is another problem, I have a 17" CRT monitor (Samsung). Will it support a graphics card such as this one ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hey guys , I really need some help on this. I need a graphics card within Rs.3000 to Rs.5000. I was thinking of 9600GT . Is it fine ? Also , there is another problem, I have a 17" CRT monitor (Samsung). Will it support a graphics card such as this one ?

get HD5670 512Mb from sapphire. just extend your budget by another 400bucks.

if you decided to go 9600GT way which still is an excellent card, your CRT will be supported. also try 9800GT 512Mb. not sure but may come within your budget.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

9800GT is around ~5.5k and do keep in mind that it will require a decent PSU to go with.

You can consider GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 also around 6k.

A good PSU to go with these cards is corsair CX400W around 3k.

@ gazler - what PSU do you have - Model name and Manufacturer ??

gazler

Mine is a Zebronics 450W PSU. ALSO: are these c ards good enough to play games such as crysis, at satisfying resolutions .

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hey guys m planning to buy HD 5770 and for that i m upgrading my psu and cabinet...i went to the market and the shopkeeper is giving me a corsair cabinet with smps 650w for 3500Rs...i had only heard of corsair psu but never abt cabinets...can u pls suggest whether to go for it...coz i think its a good deal...corsair cabinet + 650w psu....can u suggest some cabinet models...pls its very urgent???

gazler

I am going to use the card with the following config. :-

Core2Duo 2.9Ghz
Asus G41 Motherboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
Zebronics 450W Power Supply
Samsung CRT 17" Monitor.

Please, in case there is a need to change the PSU, give a good and a cheap option.

abhidev

Human Spambot

cabinet + 650W PSU @ Rs 3500. Impossible. Must be some junk. Definitely not corsair

Even i was shocked...i mean is he out of his mind...the psu alone costs 3500Rs...and he is giving me a cabinet too...so i just called him and given him the model no as Corsair 600T...waiting for his reply...guess he'll be back in his senses once he finds the cost by himself....lolz

Also are Zebronics and UPN chasis good??? UPN chasis are really great looking for 3k but don't abt their performance...

Top Bottom