Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ chokhu - that vtune may be a moded version that reduces your gfx cards clock speeds to save power. Uninstall vtune ( including any gfx cards utility that you downloaded from manufacturers site or got with the CD ), uninstall your old drivers and install new drivers downloded from nvidia. Install Riva tuner & OC your GPU. There's no harm in trying. So give it a try :p

Krow

Crowman

^That might be the case and as you said, no harm in giving it a try. :)

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven

Can anyone tell me which are the graphic cards available in the range of 5-7 in direct x 11

Last edited:

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven

Which one is that??
Can u tell me the model no??

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

HD5750. but it's utter waste of money at 9.5k. It's lot lot slower than GTX260 or HD4870 which are available for same price.

This HD5750 should be a sub 6k card.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

any radeon 4870 512mb vs. 5770 benchies ? i'm interested because 512mb is usually enough for 1680x1050 and 4870 512mb costs 8.8k while 5770 is 11k.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. HD5770 is a competitor to GTX260 and HD4870 and it can show it's power only when dx11 games come out.

shirazhansen

Broken In

Sounds like your CPU is also overheating. Can you tell your CPU and GPU load and idle temps ? Use apps like real temp and GPU-z along with orthos for cpu load test and furmark for gpu load test. Just run them for around 5 mins tso we could get an idea about your system temps. Also do post in your HDD temp and what cabby and PSU you are using ?

When i said CPU, i meant the whole cabinet.. (Old habit, sorry.. !) The CPU temps are normal.. 50-60.. The only things that r heating up are the GPU and my WD 640 GB 'Blue' series HDD.. it's at 50-55..
I had cleaned the GPU with a brush like u'd suggested, but i didnt remove the cover and clean the fan thoroughly.. wasnt sure if i should do it.. anyway, i'll try that too..if it still doesnt work, i guess i'll trash the card.. :(

Thanks all!

Krow

Crowman

ATI 4850 is a known frying pan. Last time I heard, someone was boiling eggs in it.

tkin

Back to school!!

HD5750. but it's utter waste of money at 9.5k. It's lot lot slower than GTX260 or HD4870 which are available for same price.

This HD5750 should be a sub 6k card.
That's what happen when there is no competition in the market, the ATI fanbois cried about nVidia prices but now ATI prices are damn stupid, rember the price of 8800GTX when it launched? Now waiting patiently for nVidia's card, I will buy a 15-20k card next year(by june, when the market settles) depending on the performance of each side, early adapters always lose.

Krow

Crowman

That's what happen when there is no competition in the market, the ATI fanbois cried about nVidia prices but now ATI prices are damn stupid, rember the price of 8800GTX when it launched? Now waiting patiently for nVidia's card, I will buy a 15-20k card next year(by june, when the market settles) depending on the performance of each side, early adapters always lose.
That is the most sensible post about the GPU market rivalry I have read in a LONG time. Damn, this forum could do with a couple more of such posters! :)

I agree with the price thing totally. Now ATI 5770 and 5750 are priced insanely. the 5870 is also too much and the 5850 could do with a price drop of a 1-2k.

Yes, early adapters lose, almost always. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^true. All we need is one news. Release date of nvidia's dx11 arsenal. That will bring order to these prices :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

When i said CPU, i meant the whole cabinet.. (Old habit, sorry.. !) The CPU temps are normal.. 50-60.. The only things that r heating up are the GPU and my WD 640 GB 'Blue' series HDD.. it's at 50-55..
I had cleaned the GPU with a brush like u'd suggested, but i didnt remove the cover and clean the fan thoroughly.. wasnt sure if i should do it.. anyway, i'll try that too..if it still doesnt work, i guess i'll trash the card.. :(

Thanks all!

Is that your cpu's load temp or idle ?

Don't be sad. I think the front fan of your cabby is not working properly.
That's why not only the gfx card the HDD is also overheating. 50-55C is bad for HDD. Clean the front intake fan of your cabby or install a Higher CFM fan say CM 120mm 90CFM fan as intake and put another one at rear.

BTW, how many fans id you got inside of your cabby ? What's the size ofg those ? Properly fit them as intake and exhaust to get a better airflow inside of your cabby.

george101

Good Boy

lol. dont knw if its old news

NVIDIA IS KILLING the GTX260, GTX275, and GTX285 with the GTX295 almost assured to follow as it abandons the high and mid range graphics card market. Due to a massive series of engineering failures, nearly all of the company's product line is financially under water, and mismanagement seems to be killing the company.

There are no half or quarter Fermi derivatives taped out yet, so at a bare minimum, Nvidia has nothing for 2 more quarters. To make matters worse, due to the obscene 530++mm^2 die size on TSMC's 40nm process, Fermi is almost twice the size of its competitor, Cypress/HD5870/HD5850. A cut down half version would cost less but still be barely competitive with Juniper. That chip would once again be vastly larger and more expensive than the ATI equivalents, and that is before board costs are examined. As the product stack waterfalls down, the ratios remain the same, Nvidia cannot be cost competitive for the Evergreen vs Fermi generation, period.

source
Code:
*www.semiaccurate.com/2009/10/06/nvidia-kills-gtx285-gtx275-gtx260-abandons-mid-and-high-end-market/

Krow

Crowman

^I would not believe that at all! Semiaccurate = LOL! Stupid fanboy trash website.

tkin

Back to school!!

^I would not believe that at all! Semiaccurate = LOL! Stupid fanboy trash website.
Its not just trash, but utter trash, the guy running the site, charlie, was kicked out of inquirer.net for some false news on nVidia and he is been pi$$ed ever since, almost all his stories are false, except the one about fake Fermi board. I keep my eyes on google news and fudzilla for latest GPU news.

hi friends,
wanna buy GPU worth 10K till end of OCT
Suggest any gud GPU.
Which of these is better, NVDIA GTX 260, ATI HD 4870 1GB, ATI HD 5770 1GB.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
hi friends,
wanna buy GPU worth 10K till end of OCT
Suggest any gud GPU.
Which of these is better, NVDIA GTX 260, ATI HD 4870 1GB, ATI HD 5770 1GB.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

5770 is for 12k and is a waste for its price. Get the Palit GTX 260 SONIC @ 10.5k, beats the crap out of the 4870 any day.