Graphics Cards related queries here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

why you need run such heavy benchmark? run those if you want know the max temperature your card will produce or want test the stability after some OC. still running Kombustor in that mode, i think i better delete Kombustor else someday i may run it mistakenly & be its next victim.

PS: till now i not ran even a single benchmark. giving my system 1 month time to cope up with the environment (actually inside of pc its total mess, 1ce sorted out will proceed) before stepping on the benchmark drills. or should i skip it?

vinitg

Right off the assembly line

Thanks guys for all the help. will be buying the HD 4850. hope it lets me play mafia 2 and gta 4 without any issues.

regards,
Vinit

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

PS: till now i not ran even a single benchmark. giving my system 1 month time to cope up with the environment (actually inside of pc its total mess, 1ce sorted out will proceed) before stepping on the benchmark drills. or should i skip it?

If you are satisfied with your system, no need to run benchmarks/stress programs.

Some reasons can be:

1. Compare you systems to others to check for performance.
2. Check OC stability.
3. Check UPS compatibility -- since the benchmark will stress / draw the max power.
4. For the heck of it...! :)

tkin

Back to school!!

why you need run such heavy benchmark? run those if you want know the max temperature your card will produce or want test the stability after some OC. still running Kombustor in that mode, i think i better delete Kombustor else someday i may run it mistakenly & be its next victim.

STAY AWAY FROM KOMBUSTOR, also avoid furmark and OCCT like the plague.

Ask yourself these:

1.Will I OC?
2.Do I need to ARTIFICIALLY stress my GPU?
3.Do I feel like going through the hassle of RMA?

And then decide, but If I were you I would stay away, indian climates are not good for ocing, also add the crappy rma service here.

tushargupta

Broken In

Hi to all

I will be going to nehru palace. I want to buy game pad for gaming on my pc. Read in digit mag about MS XBOX 360 game controller. Does it have vibration effect like felt on Playstation game controller? How is compatibility and support with current generation of games ? Also suggest any gud competition to it.
Budget 1k-1.5k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

STAY AWAY FROM KOMBUSTOR, also avoid furmark and OCCT like the plague.

Ask yourself these:

1.Will I OC?
2.Do I need to ARTIFICIALLY stress my GPU?
3.Do I feel like going through the hassle of RMA?

And then decide, but If I were you I would stay away, indian climates are not good for ocing, also add the crappy rma service here.

whats wrong with Furmark? OCCT is heavy i know. but is furmark too fall in same category of GPU burners?

4. For the heck of it...! :)

:lol: than better i stay away from the heavy benchmarks. or say all sort of benchmark tools.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Furmark is a GPU burner too...!

You will need to use it, when you OC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I Use the combo of EVGA precision and OCCT GPU load test ( for 20-30 mins ) to OC and test GPU.

I measure gpu tempo while gaming using evga displaytechnology - it shows gpu temp and server which uses Riva tuner statistics server - it shows gpu temp and frame rates while gaming :p

So I can see the actual temp and fps while gaming all the time.

This is another added advantage using cards from green campaign :p

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

:oops::oops:
ok!!
it's not 6.2k!
my bad!!:oops:
it is available for 6.5k,6.6k in Lynx-India!!:mrgreen:
Product search ? 4850 ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

thanks.

by the looks palit and powercolor looks same.

Asus looks a little bit better.

But the best one is Sapphire :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I use the GPU Monitor Gadget which directly integrates with RivaTuner and constantly shows me temperatures / fan speed for both cards. It is really good.

Piyush

Lanaya

so guys again found a good article related to graphics card RAM issues
quite informative

The biggest misconception out there is that more graphics RAM will increase gaming performance. But, for the most part, this is untrue. While the bandwidth of the graphics RAM might have a direct effect on gaming performance, the quantity of RAM doesn't have a direct impact on how fast a graphics card performs. The quantity of RAM does have an indirect impact on performance sometimes
The bandwidth of graphics card RAM is affected by two main factors: the clock rate and interface width. Clock rate is measured in MHz, just like a CPU. The width of an interface is measured in bits, such as 128-bits wide. Without going into too much detail, you should know that 200 MHz memory should provide twice the bandwidth of 100 MHz memory, assuming everything else is equal. Similarly, a 128-bit memory bus should provide twice the bandwidth of a 64-bit bus.

It gets a little complicated because we're talking about two variables here: clock rates and bandwidth. For example, 200 MHz, 64-bit memory should offer approximately the same bandwidth as 100 MHz, 128-bit memory. There are other factors, such as memory latency. Technology also plays a role, as GDDR5 offers twice the throughput of DDR through GDDR4 at a given clock speed. But, for the most part, all you have to remember is that more bandwidth should have a direct impact on your gaming performance.

The quantity of RAM that the graphics card employs doesn't have a direct impact on game performance, but it can have an indirect impact. Graphics card RAM will only negatively affect performance if there isn't enough to handle what a specific game title requires. The point is that all other factors being equal, a graphics card with 2GB (2,048 MB) should perform exactly the same as a graphics card with 512MB as long as the game's graphics memory requirements are below 512MB. If the game's settings and resolution require more than 512MB of graphics card RAM, the 512MB card will demonstrate a performance penalty compared to the 2GB card.

For the gamer, there are three main factors that have the most influence on how much graphics RAM you'll need: resolution, visual quality detail settings, and AA. For the most part, 512MB of RAM seems sufficient to push one of these factors to the limit, and in most cases, it can handle two of them at once. But if you plan to maximize all three--the highest resolutions, visual quality settings, and AA--then more video RAM than 512MB is a good idea.

The primary consideration should probably be resolution, because this is a hardware limitation for many of us. Typically, 20" or smaller monitors will cap out at 1680x1050, so in this case, spending extra on 1GB of graphics RAM might be frivolous. Conversely, if your monitor is 21" or larger with a 1920x1200 native resolution, purchasing a graphics card with 1GB of RAM might be a wise investment for only a little extra money.

A 2GB card is probably only realistically useful for folks who push 1920x1200 resolutions and above, and who demand the highest visual quality settings in conjunction with AA. Since the price difference is substantial, a graphics card with 2GB of RAM is probably overkill for anyone who has a monitor with a native resolution lower than 1920x1200.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@azaad, bro order placed but no payment done. very busy nowadays.

@piyush, your point is right but you broken your point into so many pieces, many carry no/less meaning. a good card will have a good balance of core speed, bus width, memory amount, type & speed. coupling a HD5670 with 2Gb GDDR5 & running Crysis with everything maxed out will most probably crash the game. on 512Mb as well as 2Gb. whereas a 1Gb GTX460 shows it affiliation for more memory. as soon as you run games everything maxed out. still a 2Gb card will be useless.

tushargupta

Broken In

Hi to all

I will be going to nehru palace. I want to buy game pad for gaming on my pc. Read in digit mag about MS XBOX 360 game controller. Does it have vibration effect like felt on Playstation game controller? How is compatibility and support with current generation of games ? Also suggest any gud competition to it.
Budget 1k-1.5k

pls suggest. i have to buy today.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

so guys again found a good article related to graphics card RAM issues
quite informative

The biggest misconception out there is that more graphics RAM will increase gaming performance. But, for the most part, this is untrue. While the bandwidth of the graphics RAM might have a direct effect on gaming performance, the quantity of RAM doesn't have a direct impact on how fast a graphics card performs. The quantity of RAM does have an indirect impact on performance sometimes
The bandwidth of graphics card RAM is affected by two main factors: the clock rate and interface width. Clock rate is measured in MHz, just like a CPU. The width of an interface is measured in bits, such as 128-bits wide. Without going into too much detail, you should know that 200 MHz memory should provide twice the bandwidth of 100 MHz memory, assuming everything else is equal. Similarly, a 128-bit memory bus should provide twice the bandwidth of a 64-bit bus.

It gets a little complicated because we're talking about two variables here: clock rates and bandwidth. For example, 200 MHz, 64-bit memory should offer approximately the same bandwidth as 100 MHz, 128-bit memory. There are other factors, such as memory latency. Technology also plays a role, as GDDR5 offers twice the throughput of DDR through GDDR4 at a given clock speed. But, for the most part, all you have to remember is that more bandwidth should have a direct impact on your gaming performance.

The quantity of RAM that the graphics card employs doesn't have a direct impact on game performance, but it can have an indirect impact. Graphics card RAM will only negatively affect performance if there isn't enough to handle what a specific game title requires. The point is that all other factors being equal, a graphics card with 2GB (2,048 MB) should perform exactly the same as a graphics card with 512MB as long as the game's graphics memory requirements are below 512MB. If the game's settings and resolution require more than 512MB of graphics card RAM, the 512MB card will demonstrate a performance penalty compared to the 2GB card.

For the gamer, there are three main factors that have the most influence on how much graphics RAM you'll need: resolution, visual quality detail settings, and AA. For the most part, 512MB of RAM seems sufficient to push one of these factors to the limit, and in most cases, it can handle two of them at once. But if you plan to maximize all three--the highest resolutions, visual quality settings, and AA--then more video RAM than 512MB is a good idea.

The primary consideration should probably be resolution, because this is a hardware limitation for many of us. Typically, 20" or smaller monitors will cap out at 1680x1050, so in this case, spending extra on 1GB of graphics RAM might be frivolous. Conversely, if your monitor is 21" or larger with a 1920x1200 native resolution, purchasing a graphics card with 1GB of RAM might be a wise investment for only a little extra money.

A 2GB card is probably only realistically useful for folks who push 1920x1200 resolutions and above, and who demand the highest visual quality settings in conjunction with AA. Since the price difference is substantial, a graphics card with 2GB of RAM is probably overkill for anyone who has a monitor with a native resolution lower than 1920x1200.
Copy paste from Toms hardware huh?:razz:
anyway great effort dude!!:)

Piyush

Lanaya

Copy paste from Toms hardware huh?:razz:
anyway great effort dude!!:)

yeah some guys already know the fact that i share all the articles from tomshardware
thats why i didnt say that these were my words :p
i just read the whole article and selected the matter which suited the best

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

@piyush, your point is right but you broken your point into so many pieces, many carry no/less meaning. a good card will have a good balance of core speed, bus width, memory amount, type & speed. coupling a HD5670 with 2Gb GDDR5 & running Crysis with everything maxed out will most probably crash the game. on 512Mb as well as 2Gb. whereas a 1Gb GTX460 shows it affiliation for more memory. as soon as you run games everything maxed out. still a 2Gb card will be useless.

its actually an article from tomshardware ;-)
i selected some passages that were good

and i dont see anything rubbish is posted here
the point u mentioned is already specified in the article with some twist and turns that i agree

give it a try again and u'll see want u wanted :)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 - FREE FOR 24 HOURS!-12 MONTH LICENCE

Promo Information
Incisive Media, the publisher's of the V3.co.uk Software Store, are the only authorised distributors of the BitDefender Antivirus 2010 promotion. Use the build provided here and as part of this promotion. Using any other build, with the promotional serial code, may not guarantee future updates (such as the 2011 edition, due soon). Do not re-distribute this build.
The promotion is online and available between midday CET Friday 13 of August and midday CET Saturday 14 of August. You can obtain your serial code during this period and install at any time.
How To Get Your Serial Code

Download the BitDefender Antivirus 2010 build from this store and go to *www.bitdefender.co.uk/site/Promotions/free24hours/ to get your serial code. Your serial code is valid for 1-PC for 1-Year.

Source V3 Software Store - BitDefender Antivirus 2010 [1-PC, 1-Year] - 100% off RRP

Sorry to post here as it is one of the most active thread in the forum . Grab ithe keys for your friends , relatives and ofcourse for yourself

vishald

Broken In

Hi,

I am using Intel Pentium D 2.66 Ghz dual core processor (533 FSB with 1 mb cache) on

Biostar G 31 D M7 motherboard, 1 Gb DDR 2 Transcend ram, 320 gb WD SATA hard drive and

Iball LPE223-400 power supply. Monitor is samsung 17" Syncmaster 773s.

I am planning to buy XFX ATI 4650 OR XFX GT240. Which card should support more efficienty

with the above config?

I am willing to play games like Crysis.

Please advice me on the above given cards and suggest me a good graphics card that should

run on with above config flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom