Graphics Cards related queries here.

sid311

Broken In
THANKS ROHIT..... HOW MUCH DOES A GT VER. COST IN DELHI........ AND WHICH COMPANY SHOULD I PREFER......

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
Try getting one from Gainward or MSI. Although XFX are also cheap. It should lighten your wallet by say 12k.

borg

In the zone
I emailed those losers for any contact info for their Bangalore branch. The maniacs haven't responded. Its been over a week. I don't think they want us to buy their products here.

proxnet

Right off the assembly line
i have an Intel i845GL motherboard/chipset. I want to know whether i can install any add-on gfx cards. If yes, then which ones(eg.PCI,AGP,PCI-e)

Thanx

mamba

In the zone
proxnet said:
i have an Intel i845GL motherboard/chipset. I want to know whether i can install any add-on gfx cards. If yes, then which ones(eg.PCI,AGP,PCI-e)

Thanx
pci-e .............. NO WAYZ
agp or pci .........yes

borg

In the zone
Someone please tell me about this xpertvision. How is the company?. The only gfx cards easily available here in my place are xpertvision, but i don't know how good this manufacturer is. Please someone tell me if this manufacturer is recommended.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I have never heard of this company.sounds new to me.

check out the quality of the card yourself.Ask if the dealer is ready to give it to you on approval basis

proxnet

Right off the assembly line
mamba said:
proxnet said:

Thanx
pci-e .............. NO WAYZ
agp or pci .........yes

thanx...btw i know i couldn't install a pci-e card...i was just givin' examples :eek:

sid311

Broken In
darklord said:
It is XFX made Geforce 6600GT 128 MB
It is either PCI Express or AGP8X.

btw which one is better in terms of performanee...... which one should one prefer keeping the future in mind........

Geforce

Journeyman
proxnet said:

Thanx

:arrow: :!: Well i don't think i845GL chipset motherboard even has an AGP slot. It only support onboard grafix.

:arrow: Well proxnet are you sure you have an AGP slot. Just open the cabinet and try the locate a brown slot just above all the white PCI slots and nearer to CPU or RAM.

PS: A very small brown slot at the bottom of the motherboard (if its there) is the CNR/ASR slot so don't confuse with it.

If you dont have AGP you can install a PCI graphix card which is highly not recommended and not very feasable.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
sid311 said:
darklord said:
It is XFX made Geforce 6600GT 128 MB
It is either PCI Express or AGP8X.

btw which one is better in terms of performanee...... which one should one prefer keeping the future in mind........

The performance diff between the AGP/PCI-E parts is negligible though if u are going for a new rig i'd say go for pcie for future *compatibility*.

S

spykids_666

need graphic card

hey guys,
i have a intel 865GBF (AGP supported), PIV 2.8HT. i want to buy a graphics card but cant decide which to go for.
i dont know anything about graphic cards.
my Budget is 10K (nothing more than that) . someone told me about ATI Radeon 9250 (256MB) and ATI radeon 9700 pro (128MB).

please tell me the price of them and which one is better. if any card is better then these then please tell me.

Thanks[/quote]

borg

In the zone
Man, I think the 9700 pro is too expensive for your budget. The 9250 is not recommeded. I think the logical choice for you is a 9600 pro . look out for any decent brand ie Asus, Gigabyte, Powercolor, Club3d , etc. A card with 128 MB should be sufficient. I cannot tell u the prices as I donot know the local prices in Gujarat ( I see u r from Gujarat) . Anyways it should be available within the price range u have quoted. Just enquire around. Thats the best way.

Top Bottom