Graphics Cards related queries here.

rahulrajen

irαhŬl
graphics card 3d detection problem

hi ppl..
am havin a NVIDIA geforce 8600m gt
the problem is that when am using open suse 10.3 the config shows that the graphics card
doesnt support 3d.. thereby am not able to use the compiz fusion in suse.. does my gpu really does support 3d??

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ask ur query in the open source section and it will surely be answered.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@jasonphilip45
7950GX2 is just waste of money. Its only gud at producing heat nd consuming while lot power.
U can get yourself an 8800GT 512 XFX for 13k and itll be hell better than 7950GX2.
8800GT is far better than even 8800GTS 640MB.

If u strictly want a GF7 card, then itrs 7950GT which is a single GPU one and the fastest nvidia DX9 GPU.

@BULLZI
how much u are selling da 7900GT for?

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^I pmed him,he quoted a price of nothing less than 7.5k.Lets wait for his bazaar section thread approval by mods.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

@jasonphilip45

aravind_n20 is right!
Besides this , 7950 GX2 also draws more power than any other card on the block! For this u have to buy a bigger PSU too like 600W!
And also it generates hell of a heat as aravind already mentioned!

Go for 8800 GT 512MB. This card is a killing almost every single card as in the market!
Also its 512 MB is dominating 7950GX2 1GB memory!

arun_cool

Broken In

Hi guys check out this,,,

toms hardware have updated their Vga charts.....

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=1061&model2=709&chart=318

I cant understand why Ati's 3850 is placed under 7900GTX....in overall fps....:eek: :eek:

i saw many review saying that 3850 can be compared to 8800GTS 320 MB...

Last edited:

jasonphilip45

Right off the assembly line

@aravind_n20
&
@keith_j_snyder2

thanks guys. didn't know 7950 was a real heater.

I hear the 8800GT wen SLI'ed, the bottom card becomes a vacuum cleaner and gets blown. Myth??

Is a dual 8800GT XFX in SLI really worth it? and what PSU will i need to couple with it?? 640W or 600W for 8800 in dual SLI? which brand PSU will be best to produce the power requirements??

THanks
Jason

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

As I read somewhere ATi CrossFire gives more performance boost than nVidia Sli

xbonez

NP : Crysis

@jason : as of now, a single 8800GT 512MB is more than adequate to play all the latest games at high setings...if u're ready to spend more, u can go for the new GeForce 8800GTS 512 MB (i don't think its available yet, but its performance is supposed to be quite gud)

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@aravind

I decided to sell the card for 7.5 K
Bt now reducing 500 bucks.
Only for 7 K.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In

Is the DVI to Analog adaptor bundled with the XFX 8800GT sufficient to connect my Samsung 920NW LCD-TFT to my system?
Still haven't got delivery of my 8800GT so was wondering..
How pathetic a noob :D :p

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

Online Buy ATi 3800 Series look attractive. If I purchase one how much it will additionally cost me for Duties and all?

for e.g. say $100 is original price

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^get as a 'gift' if you got some friend in US of A,ask them to discard the packing and use ample duct tape.I think you don't have to pay custom duties for items less than 10k,I am not sure though.BTW it can be hard persuading them that it doesn't cost more than 10k or whatever price you're claiming it to be.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^ So far it's not!

But its also not the best card on the block since the price will also be different from the price u see on WEB than the actual price in here!

Consider the 8800 GT as it is the best value for money!

earlyman21

the innocent gamer

wats the cheapest price 4 8800gt any make, any brand ? r the priceas yet to come down within this month?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Theitwares is selling 3850 and 3870 from Ge-cube but that is one heck of a price . U can get a better performing 8800 GT for the lesser price!

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

can a graphics card be repaired ? or once it goes wrongs , it can't be repaired ?

my 8600GT is lying as such and 'm lookin for a good GPU repair shop in new delhi , can anyone plz advise wat to do !

Top Bottom