Graphics Cards related queries here.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

so, i i have a budget of under 10k, which card should i go for?

assasin

Banned

entrana said:
that is true. it makes me wanna kill myself getting a 8800gts just 2 weeks before 8800gt. 8800gt is the cheapest 8800 and near a gtx, it makes me feel relly really idiotic. i could have got this in sli.

i feel the same mate.i've the cash to gte 2*8800GT and a mobo but my main prob is i aint able to sell my P5B Dlx and 8800GTS 320MB:( .

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

^^ Get a 8800GT , oc it ... u should get 8800GTX comparable performance (by which i mean 1-2 fps less in games) ,,, and it should do enough for the next 6 months or so till the newer cards come ..

BTW .. why selling off the P5B Deluxe ??? its one the best mobo's even now .. or is it just a chippy fascination ?? :p ...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

xbonez said:
so, i i have a budget of under 10k, which card should i go for?

Wait for the ATi HD 3870 and 3850. THey are 55 nm and Dx10.1 and really good offferings!

Another choice is 8800 GT 256MB (still not in the market) but will be available soon!

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

any1 wants to buy AGP 6800gt oc plzz see bazaar section
m sellin 1.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

My Galaxy 8600 GT Factory OC Edition 256 MB showing

Core: 540 Mhz [Where is OC? :D]

Memory: 400 Mhz [This is underclocked? 700 MHz is standard?]

???

gordon_dhiman

Right off the assembly line
XFX 7900 GS problem

Hi,
i bought a xfx 7900 GS , i have a 400 watt intex SMPS, Microsoft original 945 motherboard, 1GB ram, win XP prof, LG flatron L1515S, 80 gb sata hdd, hp dvd 735 dvd writer, i have not overclocked the gfx card, a UPS and a power strip are installed between the mains and the computer. all cables to the gfx card are proper.

After some time of normal running the screen goes blank.the green led of the monitor goes yellow. the fan of the card goes spinning like crazy....full speed with lot of high speed spin noise, keyboard keys go unresponsive and even the reset button doesnt work. after a hot boot the pc starts in the same state. ie , gfx card at top spin and no vis,

plz help
Lt Gagan Deep

xbonez

it seems like a sure shot case of overheating - either gfx card or procy. but since u haven't oc'ed it could be a manufacturing defect

assasin

Banned

deathvirus_me said:
BTW .. why selling off the P5B Deluxe ??? its one the best mobo's even now .. or is it just a chippy fascination ?? :p ...

i dont wanna sell the mobo but to setup sli i hafta cuz the mobo supports crossfire and not sli.:(

monkey

Padawan
Re: XFX 7900 GS problem

gordon_dhiman said:
Hi,
i bought a xfx 7900 GS , i have a 400 watt intex SMPS, Microsoft original 945 motherboard, 1GB ram, win XP prof, LG flatron L1515S, 80 gb sata hdd, hp dvd 735 dvd writer, i have not overclocked the gfx card, a UPS and a power strip are installed between the mains and the computer. all cables to the gfx card are proper.

After some time of normal running the screen goes blank.the green led of the monitor goes yellow. the fan of the card goes spinning like crazy....full speed with lot of high speed spin noise, keyboard keys go unresponsive and even the reset button doesnt work. after a hot boot the pc starts in the same state. ie , gfx card at top spin and no vis,

plz help
Lt Gagan Deep

I have 7900GS too and it requires separate power cable to run. I don't think you have provided your card with extra power and that might be the reason your system is not running properly. With 7900GS I suggest you go for minimum 450 watts PSU from good company.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz

My PC Configuration is as follows:
AMD Athlon 64
ASUS K8S-MX (On-Board Graphics)
512 MB DDR1 400 mhz
Vista and Ubuntu OS.

I am thinking of upgrading my system. I have already decided for 1 gb ram.
I have a problem with deciding the graphics card. (on-board sux :mad: )
Since i am not a gamer, and i do not have heavy graphics applications, what graphics card will be suitable for me?
I am thinking of NVidia's 6 series. Please suggest me. I need an AGP Card.

My budget for graphics card is not more than 2.5k.

Last edited:

xbonez

^^but he wouldn't get either for 2.5k, will he? napster007 bought a 7300LE PCI-E for around 3k.

jasonphilip45

Right off the assembly line

Hi, I'm getting a PC with the following config

Intel dual core E6850 3GHz
2GB DDR2 800Mhz
Mother board - Asus P5N-32 ESLI - GPU support SLI/x16/x16
or
Asus P5k Premium - GPU support CF/x16/x4
1. I want to know what Graphics card should I install?
2. Is the new GeForce 8800GT xfx alpha Dog edition compatible with which mother board and whats the price of the card?
3. 8800GTS XFX price and mother board compatibility?
4. Any other good 640 to 1GB memory cards in the 11k range I should consider?

Purpose - hard core gaming!

Please help
Jason

xbonez

definitely go for the 8800GT...its way better than the GTS and comes close to the GTX at just a fraction of the cost. the XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog would be very gud. And no there's no compatability issue with the AlphaDog and ur mobo

Top Bottom