Graphics Card Under 8.5k Max !!!

Skillz

Broken In
Hi all..

Please suggest me a graphics card under 8k or 8.5k max.. I will be playing multiplayer like BF3 and Cod4 so i want atleast 50 to 60fps in intense fighting scenario in bf3 if possible.. I will be playing @ 1360*768 resolution. My specs are i know its not enough but i will definetly consider a little upgrade or overclock as i have to use this PC till december some-how some-way until my Ivy bridge..

I am getting offers for second hand Sapphire 6770 for Rs 5k *2yr warranty left, Sapphire 6870 for 8.7k *2yr warranty left and Sapphire 6850 Toxic Ed for 7k * 10 months warranty..

Now will it be a good idea to go for second hand or i shuld get a new one.. if yes which one ?

Please comment :)

Specs =

Core 2 Duo @ 2.14ghz
Gigabyte G41
DDR3 = 4gb
Coolermaster Tx3
PSU = FPS SagaII 500W

P.S = I KNOW MY CPU WILL BE BOTTLENECK LIKE HELL :p

Thanx in advance :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well 6850 is an overkill for the resolution but in less than 2yrs, you'll need the power of HD6850 if you want descent FPS. for 8.5k you can get HD6850 from SMC but my friend contacted them 2 weeks ago and was told that HD6850 is almost out of stock. you can get HD7770 also but HD6850 toxic looks good. just the 10 month warranty is making the price look high.

you can overclock your processor. you have TX3. also at the resolution you'll game only some games will be hold back by processor. BF3 is most likely on the list.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
Your talking about MSI 6850 Cyclone right.. ? that was 2 weeks from now, if they are avlbl now i guess i can order it online.. i will ring up gurmeet tomorrow, lets see what he have to say..

My main conern is BF3 .. i want to play mp without any fps drops or atleast decent steady fps is all i want, i can lower the graphics setting to custom medium if that helps.. btw how much fps will i get in bf3 with 6870, 6850, and 6770 ? any idea boss ??

Should i try to negotiate with toxic edition, see if i can make a deal arnd 6k, woudnt that be good ? :)

Lastly, which is better MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC or Sapphire 6850 Toxic Ed ?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get the gfx card which has proper warranty and R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 PE / OC comes with 3 years warranty - so paying a little extra for it is ok.

for the BF3 performance of BF3 take a look at these :

Battlefield 3 Performance: 30+ Graphics Cards, Benchmarked : Battlefield 3 Reinvigorates PC Gaming

*www.techspot.com/review/458-battlefield-3-performance/

you can overclock your processor. you have TX3. also at the resolution you'll game only some games will be hold back by processor. BF3 is most likely on the list.

this should give you an clear idea ;-)

Benchmark Results: CPU Scaling : Battlefield 3 Performance: 30+ Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

Battlefield 3 GPU & CPU Performance > CPU Scaling and Performance - TechSpot Reviews

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sapphire offers 2 years warranty of gfx cards .. so if the HD6870 is available with 2 years warranty it's almost new I guess ;-)

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
First i wanted to tell here everybody thanx a loooooot for your advices and comments.... It helped me hell lot :)

@ topgear : thanx for the link man, it was awsome.. i helped me a lot even if I dont take this card but I learnt a lot, btw your overclocking of 6850 was awsome job..

Back to topic : He has confirmed that card is 10 months old, and has more than 2 years warranty left on it, that looks good to me. But before i seal the deal i wanted to know can my current PSU(FSP SagaII 500W) handel it as i have just learnt that it needs 2X75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector.. Secondly, how fast is 6870 then 6850 toxic Ed...

6870 is fast enough. It basically has more shader units in it. If its available for 8.5k, then do it. Or else buy the 6850 and OC it.

Regarding your PSU, you need to upgrade it to Seasonic S12II 620 @4.6k in order to leave a bit of headroom if you OC your GPU and/or CPU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
First i wanted to tell here everybody thanx a loooooot for your advices and comments.... It helped me hell lot :)

@ topgear : thanx for the link man, it was awsome.. i helped me a lot even if I dont take this card but I learnt a lot, btw your overclocking of 6850 was awsome job..

Back to topic : He has confirmed that card is 10 months old, and has more than 2 years warranty left on it, that looks good to me. But before i seal the deal i wanted to know can my current PSU(FSP SagaII 500W) handel it as i have just learnt that it needs 2X75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector.. Secondly, how fast is 6870 then 6850 toxic Ed...

but if the Sapphire HD6870 is 10 months old and used it will have only 14 months of warranty left .

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Sapphire HD6870 1GB has a limited warranty of 2 years out of the box. Maybe the seller might have opted for additional cover warranty (like for laptops and stuff) or is lying about the warranty info.

Top Bottom