Graphics Card Replacement

bloodlife

.::Lost in the EchO::.
Hi,
I'm looking for a new Graphic Card in Replacement to my old
Burned out(Capacitors Blown off..Voltage Fluctuations)
Nvidia GeForce-6600(512 MB)...
Games like Gears of War,COD,Black ops... would run smoothly @ least Optimal Settings....
*fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303573_10150287155331801_648711800_7812153_5432006_n.jpg

My System Config is 3 yrs old one..
Intel Core2 Duo E4400 @ 2Ghz
Micro-Star MS-7255 v2.0 (DDR2 Type Mother Board)
Memory 2GB Transcend
Seagate 500 GB HDD

Graphic Card Budget 3.5-4k

Thank U...

guru_urug

iGoogle
Wow!! your card is really old...you really used it to its fullest life.
Voltage fluctuations are because of your PSU. If its a cheap generic one and if you have been using it for long I really urge you to change it asap.
Get the FSP saga II 350W(atleast) and for GPU get the radeon HD5670 GDDR5

OP
bloodlife

bloodlife

Wow!! your card is really old...you really used it to its fullest life.
Voltage fluctuations are because of your PSU. If its a cheap generic one and if you have been using it for long I really urge you to change it asap.
Get the FSP saga II 350W(atleast) and for GPU get the radeon HD5670 GDDR5

Used the Graphic Card for almost 2.5-3 Yrs... and about the Voltage Fluctuations, it was the problem of APC Back UPS... i already had the PSU changed.. it's al fine now..

About the Graphic card. i would really like to go with Nvidia...
Pls Suggest a Better Graphic Card according to my System Spec..
TY..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i already had the PSU changed.. it's al fine now..
No it is NOT. Your thread should be locked because you have not followed the rules and not mentioned the PSU you have. :)

Read here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-read-me-before-asking-question-section.html

About the Graphic card. i would really like to go with Nvidia...
Pls Suggest a Better Graphic Card according to my System Spec..
TY..
Why would you go for nVidia when they aren't giving you the fastest card in your budget?

You have been suggested AMD HD 5670 GDDR5. It is the fastest card in your budget.

Spend more and we will suggest you a better card.

Now again if you will increase your budget to around Rs. 5000, an AMD HD 6670 card will get suggested. Because AMD is again faster in this budget.

Then if you will increase your budget to Rs. 7000. AMD is again faster than nVidia. But we don't know whether AMD HD 6770 will run with your current PSU because you have chosen to NOT follow rules and not mention the exact model and make of your PSU.

At around Rs. 10000, an AMD card is again faster than nVidia but according to your system spec, your processor is not fast enough to run that at full extent. So, you have hit the wall here.

OP
bloodlife

bloodlife

No it is NOT. Your thread should be locked because you have not followed the rules and not mentioned the PSU you have. :)

Read here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-read-me-before-asking-question-section.html

Why would you go for nVidia when they aren't giving you the fastest card in your budget?

You have been suggested AMD HD 5670 GDDR5. It is the fastest card in your budget.

Spend more and we will suggest you a better card.

Now again if you will increase your budget to around Rs. 5000, an AMD HD 6670 card will get suggested. Because AMD is again faster in this budget.

Then if you will increase your budget to Rs. 7000. AMD is again faster than nVidia. But we don't know whether AMD HD 6770 will run with your current PSU because you have chosen to NOT follow rules and not mention the exact model and make of your PSU.

At around Rs. 10000, an AMD card is again faster than nVidia but according to your system spec, your processor is not fast enough to run that at full extent. So, you have hit the wall here.

I'm New to this Forum..:razz: I didn't know ny rule.. :shock:

PSU - some UMAX cheap waala... for 700/-
[url=*www.freeimagehosting.net/08af7][img]*www.freeimagehosting.net/t/08af7.jpg[/url][/IMG]

I dn't mean a faster card.. just a GPU not that high-end..:-| enough to replace my old Nvidia 6600.. i've thought of Nvidia 8-series will these work..?:?

i can spend a max of 5-7k.. to replace GPU and PSU(if required).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get MSI HD 6670 1GB DirectX 11 GDDR5 @ 5K and FSP SAGA II 500W PSU at 2.2k. It is the best option at 7K budget. For your information, nVidia 8000 series cards are not manufactured any more and they have reached their end of life couple of years back.

Top Bottom