Asus p5glx motherboard with a pcie 16x slot
250gb seagate HDD
350watt smps

i knw its a pretty old system.but i play games only at the 1024*768 resolution
so help me guys
and also from which shop should i buy it in Nahru Place

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that SMPS won't support mid-range graphics cards (unless it is Corsair or other reliable brands).

1) Palit 9600GT for 5.5k
2) Cooler Master Extreme Power 390W for 1.8k or Extreme Power 460W for 2.4k.

OP
S

sumit.t

Right off the assembly line
thanks guys,
i was thinking about a sapphire 4800 series card

a 400 watt psu is enough for my system or i need more power
from which shop should i buy it in Nehru Place...any idea:)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^
Forget HD4800, man for 1024x728, even the 9600GT is too much. But here's the suggestion.

Powersafe Silver 400W @ 1.2k
Palit HD4650 512MB GDDR3 SUPER @ 4.4k

aura

Sync dreams to reality
I would suggest you to buy the graphics card later because your RAM is DDR 1 @ 400 MHz, you should wait for 1 year for the DDR 3 RAM @ 1800 MHz to get really cheaper and affordable to the common man and then consider upgrading your RAM.

As per the processor is concerned it is fine but you may consider buying Intel i7 processor later next year when the price is it decreases.

I am recommending you these because the prices of Graphics Card are really very low now a days and 7k will provide you with a really good graphics card and you might not be able to exploit it fully unless you really have a PC will good RAM and processor.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ You missed one thing. This guy is want to play games at 1024x768 resolution. You don't need a top end processor and DDR3 to play games at that resolution.

And after 2yrs his PC will be totally obsolete, Then he can think of Core i7 or higher models along with DDR3/4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom