Graphics card gone?

Shloeb

In the zone
Hello ppl,

My GPU AT HD4850 went kaput. *www.erodov.com/forums/images/esmilies2/itsdeadnow.gif I will see if it can be repaired as I haven't been home from a long time. Currently using Rs.400/- PCI card for display as my motherboard lacks any onboard.

My current setup is in my signature. I was planning to upgrade my system as I work with Virtualization a lot. So I need to upgrade my RAM.

I would running 3 Windows Server 2008 R2 as VMs and 1 ESX or Citrix Xenserver (requiring minimum 2 GB of RAM), all at once. So what do you think I should do?

My current processor can work?

I was thinking of buying 12GB of additional RAM and getting a GPU along with it. However, I am not sure which one would be better? Going for a DDR3 setup or continue with DDR2? Please help me to resolve this dilemma.

Thanks. *www.erodov.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

saswat23

Human Spambot
Change your motherboard to a DDR3 one and add 8gigs of RAM.
Gigabyte G41 combo is a good option for Rs.3000.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Gigabyte G41 Motherboard is available within 3K as Saswat has mentioned and you can use your existing Processor with it.

For new GPU, what is your budget?

Neo

For mobo ASRock H61M- PS2 for ~2800/- is a better bet. Add at least 12gigs of ram.
As for grafics card, since you haven't mentioned your budget, Zotac 550Ti for ~7400 would be good.

Processor should be good enough

Top Bottom