graphics card for laptop

satsworld

Broken In
guys,I have a hp pavillion dv4 1211-tu notebook and it has a pci express card slot available.Does that mean that i can add an externel gfx card?if so which things r needed and what r their latest price in kolkata?btw my mobo is hp 30f7 if that matters.

sukesh1090

Adam young
thisHP Pavilion dv4-1211tu Laptop- Price,Specs website states that your notebook have the express card slot and so it can be used as a pcie slot but i don't think that you can insert a desktop graphics card in that,and about laptop graphics card you can look at this article
Notebook Video Graphics Card Guide

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nopes it DOESNT mean it will be possible to add a external gfx card.
Adding a GPU to a laptop isnt simple and is next to impossible. So its always better to have a good GPU when you buy it.

Still, have a look at this- Upgrading Your Laptop's Graphics Card | PCWorld

Dont blame me or any other member of the forum if you mess up anything

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In
Nopes it DOESNT mean it will be possible to add a external gfx card.

If it was not possible then giving a pci-e slot was worthless.Companies like HP certainly will not play with their products & customers.I am not going to change my onboard graphics card.I want to have an external one to have better 3d experience.:wink:

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In
OK ico.Then plese make me understand what is the work of the express card slot in a laptop.:chinscratch:go here HP Pavilion dv4-1211tu Laptop- Price,Specs

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
may be he is talking about express card slot.i think i read in Wikipedia that it can be used as pcie slot but i am not sure about that and satsworld,i suggest you not to do anything with your laptop.if you want to game then better go with desktop.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Express card slot is for things like TV tuner, 3G modems, card readers etc. You will rarely, infact, you will not find any GPU for it.

And even if you find one (which you won't), it will be bandwidth starved and not at all perform good. In a nutshell, not worth at all. When you buy a laptop, the only things which you can easily upgrade are RAM and Hard disk.

Top Bottom