Graphic card below 20k, suggestions please

ssb1551

Technomancer
There will not be any difference between a 6GB 1060 of any company provided its not the overclocked variant like AMP (Zotac), Gaming X (MSI), EXOC (GALAX) and so on. I will suggest you buy any 6GB 1060 that you can get your hands on because pretty soon they will be OOS too. Dont think too much - just grab one before stocks run out. After which you might have to pay 18-19k for a 1050Ti.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There will not be any difference between a 6GB 1060 of any company provided its not the overclocked variant like AMP (Zotac), Gaming X (MSI), EXOC (GALAX) and so on. I will suggest you buy any 6GB 1060 that you can get your hands on because pretty soon they will be OOS too. Dont think too much - just grab one before stocks run out. After which you might have to pay 18-19k for a 1050Ti.
Thanks. The shopkeeper said the same and suggested me to go for 1050 along with R7. He said there isn't much difference performance wise between 1050 and 1060.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Whoa!! Thats not true! There is a difference between 1050 and 1060. 1060 trumps 1050!

Just a small report :
UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti vs 1060-6GB

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Whoa!! Thats not true! There is a difference between 1050 and 1060. 1060 trumps 1050!

Just a small report :
UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti vs 1060-6GB
Thanks. I will start the purchases in the evening. Last question since I will be going for nvidia will the free sync monitor give good results now keeping in mind Vineet's post above and knowing that freesync is amd's proprietary technology.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Not sure about the sync technologies used by the 2 GPU chip makers but 1 thing for sure sync tech of AMD is open source and nVIDIA's is not. So if you do opt for a nVIDIA card (which most probably you will looking at the current market scenario) then a Monitor with G-sync will be super expensive than a monitor with FreeSync (AMD's sync). Now its your call.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Not sure about the sync technologies used by the 2 GPU chip makers but 1 thing for sure sync tech of AMD is open source and nVIDIA's is not. So if you do opt for a nVIDIA card (which most probably you will looking at the current market scenario) then a Monitor with G-sync will be super expensive than a monitor with FreeSync (AMD's sync). Now its your call.
G sync is like double the cost of Free sync. I am really confused about the monitor now.
@Vineet Sharma where are you?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@billubakra

1. AMP is kind of sub-brand of Zotac, basically a fancy name for a different variant than their standard one i.e. Zotac GTX 1060
2. You can use freesync monitor with nvidia cards without any problem, its just that the freesync feature won't work. Well, its better to buy a monitor with freesync than buying a monitor without anything (freesync or gsync). That way if you happen to use an AMD card in future, you would be able to make use of freesync. If you can get a gsync monitor, that would be the best.
3. If your budget is not very strict, you can opt for AMP edition (25k). Well, the difference shouldn't be much though (hardly 5%)
4. 1 fan..2 fan..3 fan..doesn't matter. More fans just looks good to majority of ppl. However, more fans do provide little more headroom for overclocking, but not much.

Top Bottom